Subject: Need suggestions on Difficulty setting and scoring? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got to know this game when discussing Ghost Stories. After reading some reviews here I placed an order for it. Received the game today and played twice so far (solo Frey; 1 controlling 3: Heimdall, Tyr and Freyja).

I'm kinda lost in the difficult setting. It seems to have 3 dimensions:
1) number of players;
2) number of Angry cards;
3) number of Ragnarok cards.

How can I tell the difficulty differences between, say, a 1-god game with 6 Angry cards and 1 Ragnarok, and a 3-god game with 3 Angry cards and no Ragnarok?

The game seems decent but it takes so long per game. I expect to enjoy the game in several plays, justifying my thinking while increasing the difficulty gradually. I'm not sure whether to increase number of Gods or Angry/Ragnarok cards first, and how many shall I increase.

In addition, I saw some scores in some post. But nowhere in the rulebook can I find such scoring. Is it from the iOS version?

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played as much, and still not with the Angry god nor Ragnarok cards.

However, it seems on par with Pandemic. I 2p Pandemic on Easy (with 4 Epidemic cards) is just ridiculously easy. Here, with 2p or 3p, I'd probably follow the 2nd level difficulty in the rulebook, or if nothing specific, add 1 Rag card and some Angry cards.

3p or 4p, a few Angry cards.

5p or 6p, none of them

However, someone who's played more will have to provide details, lest that'll be up to you to experiment with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r0t1 prata
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/715611/difficulty-levels
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
I never make the game harder - losing is not what I play for - but I usually get it done in 45 minutes. I don't know anything about scoring, as far as I know it's not in the standard rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudoH LudoH
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the options I use (just my own way of playing):

Most of the time I played with 2 or 3 players; sometimes 4. The more players the more difficult, especially 4+.

My favorite difficulty level is one ragnarok with 4 enemies (2 ragnaroks+4 is really challenging but I tried it too)

For a relatively easy game, or a little challenge when playing 4 people, I simply add one or two angry enemy (most of the time I do not bother to remove the not angry enemy as it does not change much).

Playing with the 6 angry enemies looks extremely challenging, I think I will never try

I did one or two games with the ragnarok+6 at two players it is doable too, slightly easier than the double +4.

I also proposed on BGG a couple of variants making the game slightly easier, when playing them I always put at least one angry enemy or a ragnarok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all above for replying. I found the scoring suggestions in the Variant forum. It seems that I looked for them in wrong sub-forums.

Scoring your physical copy like the iPad version

It answers my difficulty setting question perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.