Subject: upgrade cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Debiec
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

Are the upgrade cards (not pilot cards) different in each booster pack.
For example if i buy 2 x-wings will i get the same cards or are they mixed

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacques Bouchet
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Same cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Debiec
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks fot a quick response. i was hoping to get my hands on the more juicy cards hehehe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Each ship has a fixed set of cards with it.

You can see them on the games' pages here!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear, all boxes of the same name are identical. However, the X-wing and TIE Fighter expansions come with pilots and upgrades that aren't found in the Core Set. Similarly, Imperial Aces will come with pilots and upgrades that aren't included in the TIE Interceptor expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the expansions are not randomized boosters like in CCG's, they are normal expansions each with the bits that belong to that type of expansion.

See also a great resource here: http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/ .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Richardson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
to that end, Does Fantasy Flight sell an upgrade Card pack? I haven't been able to find one if they do, however if they do in fact sell one I will gladly buy them like I did with the extra dice... If not is there anyone who has them print ready with Artscow or something? not for competition play or anything, just fun games with friends... I find there are a lot of times where we both want to load up the same Weapons or Hero Ability and don't have a good way of saying who gets what...

Also I've seen some cool fan made upgrades and such, so it would be cool if someone had a place to get those printed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GTRichardson wrote:
to that end, Does Fantasy Flight sell an upgrade Card pack? I haven't been able to find one if they do, however if they do in fact sell one I will gladly buy them like I did with the extra dice... If not is there anyone who has them print ready with Artscow or something? not for competition play or anything, just fun games with friends... I find there are a lot of times where we both want to load up the same Weapons or Hero Ability and don't have a good way of saying who gets what...

Also I've seen some cool fan made upgrades and such, so it would be cool if someone had a place to get those printed.

Nope. At least, not yet. But they do seem interested in reprinting some of the more popular upgrades. For instance, Push the Limits was first printed in the A-wing expansion and is one of the most versatile and heavily used upgrades in competitive play, desired for both factions, while the A-wing itself... not so much. To the delight of many X-wing players (and particularly Empire players), a couple copies of Push the Limit will be included in the upcoming Imperial Aces pack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GTRichardson wrote:
If not is there anyone who has them print ready with Artscow or something?

For casual play I just printed the cards I needed with a color printer and sleeved them. (Created an openoffice document, imported the pictures, set their sizes to correct values and printed on a slightly thicker paper.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a tangent here, but if FFG wants more of my money, they should make pocket pages for the upgrade-sized cards. I'd buy dozens of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Richardson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:

For casual play I just printed the cards I needed with a color printer and sleeved them. (Created an openoffice document, imported the pictures, set their sizes to correct values and printed on a slightly thicker paper.)

That's a good idea, where did you get the pictures you used from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GTRichardson wrote:

Where did you see them? I've been looking for some new upgrades!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GTRichardson wrote:
where did you get the pictures you used from?

I think I used the X-Wing Miniatures Wiki, and got the upgrade card backs from Looking for Upgrade card backs. I rotated the backs 180 degrees and laid them out below the corresponding upgrade cards, so I could clip them out together, fold them and get a little bit more sturdy results.

I have since gotten the pilot cards in a trade, and waiting for Imperial Aces to order them and other ships with the genuine upgrade cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GTRichardson wrote:
a1bert wrote:

That's a good idea, where did you get the pictures you used from?

You can just do an image search on google for "X-wing _____" where _____ is the name of the upgrade card. Works for every card I've ever searched for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/topic/573-full-card-list-by-exp...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.