• [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Morning and Welcome to Wednesday!

I thought I'd bring my niece to work. Isn't she cute? We're going to do some role-playing later. I'm going to play like I'm stalking her by hiding in her grandma's bed wearing women's clothes in hopes to eat her. Sounds great, eh? What? What do you mean that makes me a sex offender! I'm outraged! You know I'm so mad at that that I"m just gonna skip right over Mr Danger and go now! He's probably playing spider with Miss Muffet anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See if you can make sense of this:

Yes! Yes!

The proof is in the putting!!

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!

Yes!!

WORST RESULT EVER!

Yes!

He lurked good to me! GOOD JOB, MR. POOP!

YES!
It's like when the dog says to the yoda - "eat your oatmeal, it's the right thing to do!", you know?

When you get seen as bad - it's on, like donkeys!! And I say "Oh yeah, I called it!"

YOU KISSED PANDA CROSBY!!! I cannot express this enough! It's like when you go to the zoo and it's like "HE'S DEAD JIM!", but this time YOU KISSED HIM!!

THE MORE YOU KNOW:

This is a feeling about panda kisser Crimsonfax. Finger licken' good? I say NO!! This man is all like "Gabba Gabba Hey" and then is all "Go ahead, make my day!"

SCURVY GUY!Ha,ha! I see this and was like... "Mr. Fantastic".

You know? "Mr. Fantastic"?

You know? It's like... STRETCH!!! Yes! STRETCH!!!

It's "Let's get ready to rumble!", but it's more like "DROP THE CHALUPA"!, you know?I like you - you're furry guy!

[vote yoda]

NO WHAMMIES!!! NO WHAMMIES! you know? It's all "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to DIE!", yes?

YES!You vote me and is all "COME ON DOWN!", you know? Maybe... NOT EVIL!!! I'm Rick James, BATCH!

You know? BATCH?!

It's like he says "VINEGAR"? Little peon kind? I'm VINEGAR!!! RICK JAMES!

shake

Just the facts, Ma'am! Stupid is as stupid does!

THEY MAY TAKE AWAY OUR LIVERS, BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE AWAY OUR FREE DUMBS!!!

I'M VINEGAR!!!!!!! Right? YOU KNOW, VINEGAR?! *sign*

VINEGAR!!!

[vote astronutz] NOT ME!OTHER VINEGARS MIGHT BE VOTING ME:

Is that your FINAL answer?

It's like "SHAZAAM"! You know? "SHAZAAM"?! Only, I go "BLARGH" and it's over!

Can't we all just get a loan?

YOU KNOW?!

OTHER VINEGARS AND GOODS:

Live long and prosper! YOU KNOW?! NOT HAPPENING WHEN I AM VINEGAR LUNCHED! THINK, McFLY - THINK!!!

Look THAT up in your Funkin' Wagnalls!
HORRIBLE JOB, CAREWOLF!
It's not mean. Yes! Yes!

He say "Save Bae Sung", so you do! It's like I'm a frond! YES! WE'RE BEST FRONDS!

YOU GOTTA FROND IN ME!o you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?!

KISSING ME = OH BOY, NOT GOOD FOR BOTH SIDES!

WHICH? HUNTED? DANNY TANNER? COULD BE!

Right?

It's like "swing, batta, batts!", yes? SWING! Right! Yes!

----

ALL of that and much more came out of the mouth of our 3rd place winner for Best RP - Adapted.

It was Laladien playing Bae Sung - the horrible pop translator (from MadTV)

Absolutely had us in stitches holy crap. I wondered just how much coffee he drank during the infamous POtato Game to deliver RP of that caliber.
Well done Lala!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Thecond Plath-th-the

We thaw a guy come in and th-theal the thhow in a game called Thaturday MOrning Cartoon Game, thatsth wath later called That'th all folkth because hith th-th-thontaneouthth RP of Thylvether the cat wath jutht a thcream. By and by he kept lithping more and more until hith pothtth themed to all be full of etheth. Jutht a crackup.

Even his voteth were lithpth

Let'th roll the clithp

----

Thufferin' Thuccotash! Cathy, I have reathonth and thtuff!

[vote tcrudithi]

[Vote tcrudithi] for reathonth and thtuff and for tryin' to delete mah monkey buddy. (Not to be confuthed with mah Wolf!Buddy! How ya bin, OtherIrz?)
More retalthth and third vote theory! But I think I thtill like my velvet vote. (That's tho fun to thay with a Thylvethter lithp!)

On thecond thought, Bob'th right. [vote Dispaminite]

That ith, [vote Dithpaminite]. I won't edit the old potht becauthe that thort of thing getth mithunderthtood.

Well, the firtht of our priethtth. We had two more to choothe from, later.
Benjiro-than ith playing at being Dake, methinkth. Thufferin' Thuccotashth!

It'th a thtrange litht, to me anyway. Ken'th a little jumpy, probably due to early deathth in rethent games. Ththen's chill and hunting. Dithp I have no read on at all.

Can anyone thay whether thith quethtioning of other people'th readth ith olo'th thtyle of hunting?

-
-------

There's something quite pleasant about lisping Disp, don't you think?

Congratulationth to Rhanddom for getting uth all wet with hith lithp and RPing Thylethter the Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And in first place...

Hit it!

In the not too far out present
A few years give or take
There was a guy named Tommy
Much weirder than any Dake
He worked at some place and doin Puter things
Answering phones when they went ring-ring
His only fun happened when took a pee
So he hid from all his bosses and he jumped on BGG
“I’ll play this game called Werewolf
And I’ll take off all my pants (Like Lala)
I’ll play a million characters
Then I’ll do a little dance”
Now keep in mind he doesn’t know just what part he’s going to play (LALALA)
But we know he’ll entertain us and be awesome every day (says Lala)
Now Tommy Danger is never bored
And for ditching work he gets an award
For playing like he’s from 3K - MST
He wins the Wolfie Award for Best Adapted RP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously Tommy's RP was so damn good, I wasn't even in the game (Toenail game) and just had fun reading it.

Here read it yourself. It's all gloriously good how he made typical MST3K quips from the 4 crew members Crow, Tom, Mike, and Gypsy in the right style and the right type of jokes. He never stopped.

Seriously read this! READ IT! DO IT! DOOOO IT!!!!

http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/9066...

Congrats Tommy come get your award! Then stay here! YOu're the next to present! (See what I did there?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to all three!
Those were awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
I have been told that Tommy is unavailable, so we're going to be doing shuffling. Up next ... Me, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
So, what is Theme? According to Wiktionary, let's take ... no, let's take definition number 2: A recurring idea; a motif.

(Fun Fact, it can also mean: A regional unit of organization in the Byzantine empire.)

So what does it mean to have the Best Theme? Well, to steal directly from the Nomination Thread - This award goes to the game with the best overall theme. This includes the role set, role attributes/powers, flavor text, rules, and/or mechanics of the game so that it is set within a specific theme.

So for the layman, you can't just throw in a dash of flavor here or there and expect to get recognition for Theme. Cool? Know where we're at? So, let's look at the nominees for 2013:
Best Theme:
1. 1722: Wallstreet - Moderator: Heisenberg - Game Thread - Nomination Post
2. 1764: Whose Werewolf Is It Anyway? - Moderator: Linguistfromhell - Game Thread - Nomination Post, Post 2
3. 1778: The 17 Mice - Moderator: CrimsonFox - Game Thread - Nomination Post
4. 1761: The Underworld - Moderator: ohgrande - Game Thread - Nomination Post
5. 1877: Red Dwarf Smeg-o-Rama 15er! - Moderator: Laladien - Game Thread - Nomination Post
6. 1815: A Week in Beijing - Moderator: karmic_devil - Game Thread - Nomination Post

... If you think I'm doing a montage scene for each of these, well, it wasn't in the budget for this year, and Crimson was too busy to do puppet show recreations of each game. Sorry.

In Third Place, ... well, goddammit, Crimson. You can't be everywhere! Only Clock can do that. Or Phelan.

Anyway, in Third Place, we have "The 17 Mice", as moderated by CrimsonFox. It was the sad story of laboratory mice, trying to stay safe and sound and avoid all of the possible evil that could spring up, choosing to die via old age, instead of so, so many other nasty ways. And who was against this? Three Plague Rats. Yup. Plague Rats. And helping them? A sneaky shapeshifting cat! Those mice were in trouble!

And even with the help of a Hypnomouse and a very confused dog-in-a-mouse's body, Evil had it that game. Did it matter? No, not really. Everyone had a blast, and in a way, they were all in cages. It was very thematic.
THIRD PLACE - BEST THEME - THE 17 MICE - MODERATOR: CRIMSONFOX.
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We start in a laboratory, caged as mice and devoured either by cats or by the plague ... and where do we go from here? How about Dante?

In the Second Place game, The Underworld, ohgrande setup a game where everyone was a Villager! People were wandering around their lives, trying to figure out what was going on and how best to continue living.

... sound kind of familiar?

What no one knew was that you didn't even get to PLAY in the game until you died! The real game was played in the seven circles of hell (including Dante himself as a character!), and players in the REAL game were the ones making the decisions. They had to fight and scrap and try to determine who the evils were, and while it was a good fight ... Evil took the day.

But that's not what people were talking about after the game. People enjoyed the game. They had fun with each other. And most importantly (to this award, at least), the theme was everywhere.
SECOND PLACE - BEST THEME - THE UNDERWORLD - MODERATOR: OHGRANDE.
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Man. We went from being lab rats to being dead. How much more tragic can it get?

... By being in China? Oh maaannnn ...

(Okay, I'm totally teasing about China being tragic.)

In First Place, we have A Week In Beijing, by Karmic_Dragon!
At first glance, this is not what you expect for an epic game. No werewolves. No Seer and Hunter.
... at least not in the expected way. Instead, what we had were con men, trying to fleece tourists and get as much money out of their pockets as possible. And when the sad tourist is broke? They leave and go back home.

It wasn't Werewolf, even though it really was. There were seers and sorcerers, lovers and (evil!) masons! But that wasn't the point. The point was conmen and Laowai and Tina, the Great Wall Guide!

The game was amazing. And it wasn't just because everything worked the way Karmic intended. A 15 player game that gets down to a final 3, with Good winning on the last play of the game? Players talking about the game and about China for a week after the game ended? (And even reviving the thread a month later!)

You felt like you were there. And in the end, isn't that what Theme is all about?
FIRST PLACE - BEST THEME - A WEEK IN BEIJING - MODERATOR: KARMIC_DEVIL.
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, congrats to all three, and also congrats to the two that didn't make it. They were all awesome games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Q. Dangerpants, esq
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrimsonFox wrote:
Seriously Tommy's RP was so damn good, I wasn't even in the game (Toenail game) and just had fun reading it.

Here read it yourself. It's all gloriously good how he made typical MST3K quips from the 4 crew members Crow, Tom, Mike, and Gypsy in the right style and the right type of jokes. He never stopped.

Seriously read this! READ IT! DO IT! DOOOO IT!!!!

http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/9066...

Congrats Tommy come get your award! Then stay here! YOu're the next to present! (See what I did there?)

Hey thanks everyone! And thanks for the song!

I'm home sick today so I had to push back my presentations to tomorrow. THE SUSPENSE IS PALPABLE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats karmic. Your games are always dripping with good theme.

On a personal note, I'm astonished that I created something that could even be considered thematic or whatever since I struggle with that type of stuff normally. I mean, I've pretty much just given up trying to write any thematic stuff when I mod and just go with a standard - [killed someone], He was a Insert role here.

So thanks for the consideration!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
mbmbmbmbmb
congrats tommy and karmic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohgrande wrote:
Congrats karmic. Your games are always dripping with good theme.

On a personal note, I'm astonished that I created something that could even be considered thematic or whatever since I struggle with that type of stuff normally. I mean, I've pretty much just given up trying to write any thematic stuff when I mod and just go with a standard - [killed someone], He was a Insert role here.

So thanks for the consideration!

that game was really great! very immersive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how is that not a word? immersive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The Computer is your Friend
mb
Sometimes, the theme of a game doesn’t quite fit right. Maybe it feels pasted on, or it’s just another Perfect 11 with funky names for the roles. But every now and then, you run into a game where it all comes together, and the theme really permeates the entire game. What’s the secret? How can you make the players feel like this isn’t just another game of Werewolf?

The answer: with good writing. Powerful imagery in the flavor can bring the game to a fantasy land, outer space, or even another dimension. And the moderators who can weave together these scenes from their own imagination are few and far between. Without further ado, the Wolfy for Best Writing: Original Theme.

----------

In third place, Dangerville: Disco Science by TommyDanger! Tommy’s hilarious writing had the players entertained as they tried to find the traitors in the lab. Even when an ELIT3 H4X0R made his way into the thread and threatened the players, Tommy rolled with it and incorporated it into the flavor. Well done Tommy!

------------

In Second Place, Hide Werewolves Hide by Belash! In the Verb Werewolves Verb series, players submit how they want to die to Belash at the start of the game, and he has to incorporate their request into their death scene. Anything from “The first death in a hostage situation” to “Lord Cthulhu awakens and gets jiggy with Pompeii” is fair game, and Belash has never failed to deliver hilarious scenes for everyone involved. Congratulations Belash!

And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for… The winner of Best Writing: Original Theme goes to…

----------------

A Week in Beijing by karmic_devil!!!

Yes that’s right, karmic’s “Trip to China” game wins again! Using his personal experience as a foreigner, karmic brought the players there to experience the sights and the culture of China. It’s no surpirse that this game won Best Theme as well, karmic told an amazing story of tourists trying to do everything on their agenda without getting swindled by the conmen who prey on them. A very well deserved victory karmic, congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Henning
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karmic is cleaning up! Im sad I missed that game! Congrats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to all three, again! Good flavor is hard to write, and you do it amazingly well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If you can't pronounce the first syllable, just nix it.

Pittsburgh
msg tools
'Come, be my love in the wet woods; come, - Where the boughs rain when it blows.'
badge
'Oh, come forth into the storm and rout - And be my love in the rain.'
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

Sorry I'm late to the party.

Games night.

But don't fret - I'm here, so we can all just blame Avin and move along . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pittsburgh
msg tools
'Come, be my love in the wet woods; come, - Where the boughs rain when it blows.'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooos mieheer otttwo rrepstnt ehhtttwtaaera uroofu 1/2:3 (onn) shirdant ololffsw mage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pittsburgh
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...,...;....:,;......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pittsburgh
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...v.../v::::::

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pittsburgh
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
11vvvdddeweeer khhjikooopount 22222///verannttradoool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pittsburgh
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JUST KIDDING!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pittsburgh
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, though. I'm here to present the award for

BEST NON-TRADITIONAL WW GAME!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.