Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How balanced is this game? Played the first time yesterday and it ended up pretty lopsided. Are you seeing Founders or Vox Populi winning more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been fairly even for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
How balanced is this game? Played the first time yesterday and it ended up pretty lopsided. Are you seeing Founders or Vox Populi winning more?

Neither faction is stronger than the other in our sessions. It comes down to the play style and Bioshock experience of the player.

I think the NPCs can swing the game if you don't handle their interaction properly. In one of our sessions, Vox was ahead 6 to 2. Then Booker attacked Vox to save Elizabeth. Vox player spent a lot of cards to defeat Booker. However, I capitalized that round and attacked him hard and instantly tied the game. I ended up winning two rounds later. During that situation, I would have not played cards and lost the fight to Booker and lose control of that territory 2 VPs and maintained the lead. By exhausting almost all of his cards, the Vox player left themselves at a huge disadvantage at a good time for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Having played it quite a lot recently, I gotta say it's completely balanced by how random it is. It's the single most random game I've enjoyed to play. If tomorrow they added a third faction with cards that all have 4 on all stats, nothing would change, because everything is incredibly chance-dependent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.