Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
are the leaders from this expansion compatible with The new era? Is it worth picking up 51st state just for the other ones? I'm new to this game so I'm a little confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you read through the winter booklet, it shows you how to use leaders with The New Era. I don't recommend getting the 51st state just for the leaders, as the game is quite great with just winter+edit:The new era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
hanibalicious wrote:
If you read through the winter booklet, it shows you how to use leaders with The New Era. I don't recommend getting the 51st state just for the leaders, as the game is quite great with just winter+edit:The new era.

Can I just use the leaders that came with the new era? I have no idea how to play this game yet. Should I mix in the winter expansion right away or wait?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Dembowski
Poland
Wroclaw
none
flag msg tools
There are slight changes in iconography between 51st State and New Era/Winter, but all three sets (and the upcoming Ruins) are essentially compatible with each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
hanibalicious wrote:

This.

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Can I just use the leaders that came with the new era? I have no idea how to play this game yet. Should I mix in the winter expansion right away or wait?

Play both New Era and Winter immediately. Winter takes all the leaders and instant action cards and puts them on a separate board (Frozen City) rather than having them mixed into the draw deck. It makes the game a much smoother and better experience IMO. You can use a worker to take the top Leader or top Instant Action action card using Winter rather than waiting for it to randomly appear with all the other cards in the draw deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ausir wrote:
There are slight changes in iconography between 51st State and New Era/Winter, but all three sets (and the upcoming Ruins) are essentially compatible with each other.

Ruins?!? Can you link me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Brueckner
Germany
Loerrach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to add leaders from 51 state to winter and the new era. The only expection we play is, that we apply the rule of 3 to the 51 state leader as well (i.e. 3 VP tookens only). Makes them a bit less powerful and adds to rule consistency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Dembowski
Poland
Wroclaw
none
flag msg tools
hanibalicious wrote:
Ausir wrote:

Ruins?!? Can you link me?

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/15156084#15156084

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.