Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When flagging a thread with the big X, we can choose "Rules violation" or "wrong forum."

It would be nice to flag "duplicate," and if feasible, just provide the threadID of the (older) thread we claim this new thread is a duplicate of.

The action taken by the moderator would be
1. Merge (if possible given BGG's database, I don't think I've ever seen a merged thread, so I think this isn't doable)... if not possible, then:
2. Lock and Link (A quick template post:

Quote:
This thread is locked for being a duplicate of (threadLink).

3. At moderator's option, if there are no posts other than the first post, the moderator can simply delete the post and GM the user.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think duplicate threads happen often enough that it's worth the effort of doing this. Plus, both threads may have different perspectives, particularly if the original thread is much older than the new one.

If a duplicate is really a problem, you can always GM an admin rather than flag the post, or post the link to the duplicate yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.