Subject: Variant: Mandatory Cube placement after round 1 or 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I've got the game and like it a lot...

but the last game I played we almost didn't put any cubes in the cities previous to the last 2 rounds...

We talked about it after the game was over and we felt like the game loses a bit of interest because of that...

if we were required to place at least one cube in every round after the 1st or the second we thought it would make the game a little more enjoyable because you could try to bluff or mislead someone and also cause a little more tension on how many gangster should I use in the earlier rounds... has we play it only in the last 2 turns of each hand this happens...

So I was thinking of making an House Rule/Variant to make it mandatory to place at least one cube in every turn after the 1st or 2nd turn...

What do you guys think? What would be better, after the 1st or the 2nd round of cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
resource cubes in this game is critical,
if you are force to place a cube every round then you mighty get killed,hospital,exile,lose money on a city that you dont want to bet and is luck not strategy anymore.
if you keep all you cubes to bet on one city the other player might get more if he split the cubes on more than 2 cities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that after the 2nd round we have some information to see if we want to risk it in some place or not... also you could try to bluff someone into a city where you know it's bad to go by placing a cube there...

I don't know... Will give it a try the next time I play that we have to put a cube after the 2nd round of cards... after the 1st it seems to early...

thanks for the input and keep them coming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well usually at least one guy places one cube in New York.
Cause of Chicago.

If you want to add more pressure, place chigago on spot 3 instead of 2 for the starting round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you know that in the last round the player with the most cubes play first right?
just in case you was playing wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kounabi22 wrote:
you know that in the last round the player with the most cubes play first right?
just in case you was playing wrong.

Yes, we know that

ionas wrote:
Well usually at least one guy places one cube in New York.
Cause of Chicago.

If you want to add more pressure, place chigago on spot 3 instead of 2 for the starting round.

That's a good idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lockard
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not saying that I'm an expert at this game, but I win many more times than I lose. With that being said, I notice that the players who tend to hold back on their cube placement end up losing by a large margin. Just my two cents...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barille
msg tools
I like the idea. I don't know if I would play that way all the time, but I definitely want to try it out. Also thoughts on it. Maybe don't have it that you have to play after x round, but that you can only pass twice in a row. That way people who play in early rounds aren't forced to play more later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.