Subject: Napoleonic Dynasty Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Tomassi
United States
Melvindale
Michigan
flag msg tools
This card allows both players to convert up to 5 Minor French Allies into French Dominions. Does the French player want to do this??? Does the Allied player want to do this??? Is it better for the French to keep their Minor countries as Allies or change them over to Dominions??? Is it better for the Coalition Player to keep French Minor countries as French Allies or force them to change over to French Dominions???

I have read the rules for this and for the effects of Insurrection. I have drawn this card, both as the French and as the Coalition. But I have never been sure, as either player, whether it was to my advantage to play it or discard it. I would appreciate any input or discussion on this card. This is my favorite and most played game.

Thank you, in advance, for your help and advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on whether you want the French minors vulnerable to diplomacy or insurrection. The Coalition is stronger on diplomacy early in the game, and typically stronger in insurrection later - that can guide potential utility of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It relatively easy to defeat an insurrection in a minor country, so I'll take the risk of insurrection for the benefit of making them impervious to Coalition diplomacy. On the other hand, it's not obvious that the Coslition would "waste" a diplomacy card on a minor, so the answer is not entirely clear-cut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A coalition-controlled minor adjacent to France is an irritant, since it impacts the victory conditions; admittedly Spain is the best target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
All true, I think majors are going to be the primary diplo targets, but at the right time a minor can be too, that's why on balance I'd play the ND card as France.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.