Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Berly
United States
Angier
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Hi there! I recently purchased a copy of The Guns of Gettysburg (It's on its way right now!)and I saw that it can be played with 2-4 players. How is it possible to play with more than two? I'm sure it would be a lot of fun with 4. Thanks for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4 players is done through a division of duties, with a Commander and a Subordinate for each side. The Commander handles all token play, sets turn duration, declares general orders and other "overall" type decisions.

The Subordinate handles the actual block play. Movement, attack designation, reinforcement entry, etc.

The thing is, communication between the two is restricted. Only the Commander can communicate to the Subordinate and only via a restricted protocol via a "special order." Those orders are limited to five words and there are other restrictions to it, but it makes it so the Commander gives the Subordinate direction, but not in detail and the trick is to coordinate between the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Berly
United States
Angier
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun, I'll have to try that sometime, thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.