Subject: Ascension Plot, am I missing something here? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I have read and reread these cards, but I am wondering if I am missing something.

Quote:
Choose a razed city and place a Temple token on it. The heroes cannot enter the Temple, as it is surrounded by magical wards, although they can still travel through it on the Terrinoth map.

So what do these Temple Tokens do? The city is Razed, so it isn't like they can do anything there anyway right? You can still move through it. Do they have any significance before you set up all 4 Temples?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Burk
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!
badge
Rakes, my arch enemy.
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can tell, you're right and it's just redundant text. Maybe in an earlier playtest they had other stuff going on and missed this? Who knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is maybe to mark your progress with... tokens ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian D.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are named 'temples' so some clever heroes had tried to go there for healing during playtests? *shrug*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Don't they give you 1 CT for each temple every "time passes" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
I always took it to mean that the hero token can't stay in that space. It can move through it, but that can't be the end of the hero movement. This does mess with movement somewhat. I could be totally wrong, that's just how I played it. Also, it requires you to upgrade the heroes movement, if you haven't done so. Otherwise, you can't go past that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Jan Tuijp wrote:

Don't they give you 1 CT for each temple every "time passes" ?

They do, but since they're placed on razed cities, it doesn't change anything from razed cities' effect.

However ,there is one thing to be considered : the OL has to make provisions for using one week's purchase power to play a temple card - even if costless. Since he will also want to purchase several upgrades related to the final dungeon / combat, it might have an impact on the game (especially if the heroes get The Twins). So, a temple isn't just the same thing as a razed city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merrimac wrote:
They do, but since they're placed on razed cities, it doesn't change anything from razed cities' effect.

My bad. That's the one disadvantage of the Descent Campaign Tracker. You grow so dependant on it you start to forget basic rules. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.