ben saylor
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
How exactly is hindrance taken into account for a targeting roll. Do I subtract from the multiplied total for the roll? Eg if I shoot at a hex 5 spaces away with an intervening smoke hindrance of 4. Do I need to roll a multiplied total of >10?

In the scenario where the Americans have to take a big building (I think it is the 4th scenario), how many MP are expended to move from inside the building for to adjacent hexes inside the building? It seems like 3 from the chart which seems high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
happyloaf wrote:
How exactly is hindrance taken into account for a targeting roll. Do I subtract from the multiplied total for the roll? Eg if I shoot at a hex 5 spaces away with an intervening smoke hindrance of 4. Do I need to roll a multiplied total of >10?

Well, 4+5=9, so > 9 (not > 10).

CC rules wrote:
Targeting & Hindrances—Targeting Rolls are
always modified by any relevant Hindrance
along the way [10.3.1].
Ordnance firing at a target 5 hexes away
with one or more Brush hexes in between
(Hindrance of -3) would need to physically
roll 9 or more to hit instead of 6+.

Quote:
In the scenario where the Americans have to take a big building (I think it is the 4th scenario), how many MP are expended to move from inside the building for to adjacent hexes inside the building? It seems like 3 from the chart which seems high.

You're entering a building hex, so you pay the cost (2) for entering a building hex.

(Edited to correct building cost, doh!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not 3, but 2 MPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
war_hero wrote:
Not 3, but 2 MPs.

Dang, forgetting the MP cost is a sign I haven't played it often enough recently! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben saylor
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
It should have been 2 MP's. I misremembered (and didn't feel like digging in the closet for my box). Ok this confirms were were doing it right then. The Germans got some great events that allowed them to get a weapons team in the building with a HMG but couldn't easily move it due to the 2MP in the building and the loss of MP's due to the weapon. This was great for me as my hero with a flamethrower was able to eliminate it before it could be moved out of range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.