Subject: Reviews from off-site duplicated or excerpted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be more sensitive to this because I'm a prolific reviewer on this site, but I'd be interested in hearing others' opinions.

When I click on what is marked as a review, I feel like a bait and switch has been pulled if the review is one of these threads that says, "For the full review..." or "Taken from..." and then has a link, even if some or all the review material is duplicated. To me, this just comes off as lzy reviewing.

Is this jut a BGG-based reviewer's prejudice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
If that's the case - then those should be in the links section and not listed in the forum as a review. The forums were designed as a way to share full reviews about a game - not just link farming.

If you have some examples - can you please send to Octavian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
When I'm geekmodding, any time I see a link in it that says the full review is here, the review is reposted from here, for more reviews see here, etc, I reject it. If someone's posting a review on here, they're posting a review on here. If they want more hits to their site, they can go about it some other way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel very strongly about this issue. When a person only uploads a partial review, just to garner attention for their own website it makes me feel...
For the rest of my opinion, check out my latest blog on my website!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind it so much if the review content is fully duplicated on BGG. The ones that can't be bothered to include the full content seem more like they are trying to drive traffic to their blog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I've spoken to Octavian about this. As long as the review is full, it is ok or if it is the full review but without images it is ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mylittlepwny wrote:
I feel very strongly about this issue. When a person only uploads a partial review, just to garner attention for their own website it makes me feel...

Any one else click on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate it. Especially when it is partial reviews, or full "cut and paste" reviews but the pictures from the blog were never put in the review on BGG (and the review refers to them, and they aren't there!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mylittlepwny wrote:

You missed a prime opportunity for a RR...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.