Subject: Kuat Reinforcements + Deploy the Fleet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
I know the answer to this, but I need to hear it from someone else, because I think I may have been doing it wrong.

If I have "NO" resources left, its impossible to use "BOTH" these abilities in conjunction to play a vehicle for 0, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use Deploy The Fleet to get a unit's cost down to 0 and play it, even if you have 0 resources. You can't make effective use of Kuat Reinforcements in this situation though because after you've done all your DtF's, if the cost is 1 or more, all KR does (as an interrupt to playing the unit, after actions are done) is allow you to get the cost down to a min of 1. And if you have no resources to spend, you can't then play the unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
I've noticed that there are small calculation to be made when using these 2 objectives. A similar issue revolves around not being able to play a 6 cost capital ship by putting 5 damage on Deploy the Fleet and using its one resource to cover the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. The instant the 5th damage goes on DtF, it's immediately destroyed, so you don't get a chance to use its resource.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan R
United States
ALBUQUERQUE
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind you can use Defense Upgrades or Jabba's Palace to add some extra damage capacity to this DS objective, giving you a few more resources to spend by damaging it .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.