Popular Tags: [View All]
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I have two questions:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiver...

When Nacatl War-Pride attacks and makes its copies, must the opponents creatures then be forced to block each token as well? So let's say I attack with Nacatl War-Pride and with a 2/2 token. Let's then say my opponent has 2 untapped creatures. I know that one of his creatures has to block my War-Pride, but does his other one have to block the NWP's copy, thus allowing my 2/2 token to go in unblocked?

The second question is when someone attacks me with a creature that has trample, if I block, but before damage is dealt, I somehow remove that creature from battle, would I take no damage? So let's say my opponent has a 10/10 trample creature and I have a 1/1 token. If I block and then return the 1/1 to my hand before damage is dealt, would I receive no damage?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The tokens are exact copies of NWP, so they must be blocked using the same restrictions if able. So in your situation, you have 3 total NWPs attacking, and your opponent will block two of them, letting the third go through. Note that they don't have to block the original (because 1 of them will always get through), it's just a good idea to do so.

If you block a creature with trample, the blocker soaks up as much damage as possible. If it's not there, then it soaks up 0 damage and you take it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Tan
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Revelade wrote:
The second question is when someone attacks me with a creature that has trample, if I block, but before damage is dealt, I somehow remove that creature from battle, would I take no damage? So let's say my opponent has a 10/10 trample creature and I have a 1/1 token. If I block and then return the 1/1 to my hand before damage is dealt, would I receive no damage?

Thanks.

The rule you cited is what normally happens if the attacker does not have trample. As the above poster mentioned, removing the blocker simply means you get more damage than when the blocker is there to take some of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
mbmbmbmb
Your Trample question was already answered, but while we're at it let's look at what happens when the creature has Double Strike as well. Double Strike causes the creature to do damage twice, first in the First Strike step and then again in the normal step. If a creature with Double Strike and Trample is blocked and the blocking creature dies from the first attack (and damage in excess of toughness gets done to the player), then the creature will do its full damage amount to the player in the second attack. If the Double Strike creature didn't have Trample, it wouldn't do any damage in the second attack. Just thought I'd mention this, since it's an easily forgotten interaction between Trample and Double Strike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys. One more thing: If I have creatures with echo on them, can I do something to them before I have to sacrifice it because I did not pay the cost?

So if I have say Avalanche Riders:

And the next turn before I pay the cost, can I then play a card like Unsummon where it returns a creature to my hand so that I save my creature from Echo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: Echo's upkeep is a triggered effect, which are worded ", " ("At the beginning of your upkeep, pay the echo cost.") Triggered effects go on the stack, just like activated abilities and spells. While it's waiting on the stack, you can respond with other spells or effects, like Unsummon, to bounce your guy before you have to pay or sacrifice him. The trigger will resolve, but if you bounced him back to your hand, you don't have to pay because he's no longer in play to sacrifice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.