Subject: Bounty Hunter Build Idea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham Richardson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okay to start, I am new to the game, so bear with me if others have already tried this, but I had an Idea that I haven't yet seen here (once again it is possible I just missed the post... there are a lot to look through).

My Idea is to have a variant of play where everyone makes their own bounty hunter. Each person has a 100 points (or whatever the players decide) to build their own custom Bounty Hunter ship. Thematically Bounty hunters tweak their ships past all legal limits (kinda like the Millennium Falcon being more than a standard YT-1300) so they put advanced thrusters, new weapons, more weapon racks, bigger shields or a stronger Hull... anything and everything. Build a ship that can perform more maneuvers without stress, or add maneuvers to a ship that it shouldn't have (imagine a tweeked A-wing that could do a dead stop like the Lambda, or YT-1300 that could pull a 3 speed Immelman/Koiogran turn...)

you can make a pilot using this pilot maker, and it even calculates squad cost points:
http://home.comcast.net/~jason.fuller/cardGenerator.html

Make a dial using this:
http://home.comcast.net/~jason.fuller/dials.html

In order to change a stressed Maneuver to standard it would cost, say, 3 points on your build, and 3 more to turn it Green... and maybe 5 points to add a Maneuver that the ship didn't already have (it starts stressed).

then it becomes a free for all deathmatch (you could play 2-6 players easy)

any thoughts on this? has it been done? if so does it work well?

Graham

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Richardson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you wanted you could use these rules with a sort of "juggernaut" game, pitting one 100 point Bounty hunter vs. a 100 point squadron... just another idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lutovsky
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You could up your Pilot Skill too at the cost of points. Extra ship up grades too probably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Richardson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueLieutenant wrote:
You could up your Pilot Skill too at the cost of points. Extra ship up grades too probably.

Yeah, I believe the Pilot card maker takes Pilot Skill into the point cost account. And I'd say yeah, you should be able to add extra upgrades at a cost... maybe 3 points again for adding something out of the norm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Woehlke
msg tools
mb
I haven't made cards in a while but this seemed fun.

Snarly Yow
Pilot Skill 4
Firespray - Bounty Hunter
Attack - 2
Agility - 2
Hull - 6
Shields - 4
Focus, Target Lock, Evade, Barrell Roll
Torpedoes, Cannon

Ability: When firing on a ship that you have a Target Lock on, increase your primary weapon value by 2.

Point Cost: 38
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Richardson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice, And you kept it at a low enough cost that you can take some of the Firespray's Stressed moves and can make them standard, or even add some moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Woehlke
msg tools
mb
GTRichardson wrote:
Very nice, And you kept it at a low enough cost that you can take some of the Firespray's Stressed moves and can make them standard, or even add some moves.

I'd probably just leave it with the standard dial but add the Barrel Roll. That makes it more maneuverable but the PS4 keeps it from being abused. The other thing I liked about this was the possibility for 5 attack dice so it may need a point increase.

Making your own variants is fun but kind of a lot of work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Richardson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice cards man! I particularly liked the Washout Regime Pilot haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.