Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Power Nap fully spoiled rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Barnett
United Kingdom
Northwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that when Quandry and Lucky Find were linked, that they were linked to individual pages by card name.

On a whim, I decided to see if changing the name to Power-Nap made it come up, and it did!



(or http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/android-netrun...)

If this has been fully revealed elsewhere I apologise, but I have not seen it up before.

The new information appears to be that it is an extra 1 credit/double (not 2 like some of us were hoping), and it is a reasonable 2 influence. Might be worth running with Lucky Guess, but otherwise, don't think it is good enough on its own.
31 
 Thumb up
2.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ber -
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I try that quite often but haven't come up with the goods yet.

Nice work!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Smith
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
and a thousand johnnies wept...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin W.
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice hacking- they should have at least put up a paper wall.

As for the card- wow, combo this and starlight crusade together and...they both still suck. FFG seems both to really want people to play a double-event heavy deck, and want it to be terrible. With 2 double events in the trash, its still significantly worse than easy mark- a card many criminal decks cut. Three to four double events makes it reasonable, and at five or more its very strong, but that just seems way too situational to be worth it. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I'm not a fan.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Barnett
United Kingdom
Northwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It reminds me of my favourite "hack" ever.

One of my friends wanted to get into a password protected area of a (student) website. They got in by entering a random password, and when it kicked them out, they changed the url bit of the page that kicked them out from "FALSE" to "TRUE" and voila, instant access!

For 2 credits I would have definitely considered playing this in my shaper deck than runs hostage. For 1 credit, I am having a harder time justifying it...
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bwald wrote:
Nice hacking- they should have at least put up a paper wall.

As for the card- wow, combo this and starlight crusade together and...they both still suck. FFG seems both to really want people to play a double-event heavy deck, and want it to be terrible. With 2 double events in the trash, its still significantly worse than easy mark- a card many criminal decks cut. Three to four double events makes it reasonable, and at five or more its very strong, but that just seems way too situational to be worth it. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I'm not a fan.


I think there's the possibility of something cool here, but it doesn't involve keeping Starlight Crusade Funding out. If you're running an Aesop's Pawnshop deck with a few doubles, you could potentially throw down Starlight Crusade Funding on your first click, play a double event (maybe Lucky Find), play Power Nap, and then have another click left over for something. On the next turn, you can use Aesop's Pawnshop to sell off Starlight Crusade Funding before losing a click to it. You effectively gained a click on your previous turn (which had to be spent on a double event), and increased your payout. That might not be terrible if you want Aesop's Pawnshop and some of the doubles.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jennings
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting! I hadn't considered that you could play starlight crusade and take advantage of it without paying the click.

Best case scenario it lets you play 3 doubles in a turn instead of the usual two. I suppose if you somehow have more of them than that, you could even hold on to it for another turn before selling it. This would make more sense if there was some sort of double draw card to get you more doubles, but we haven't seen one yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sechen_rob wrote:
Interesting! I hadn't considered that you could play starlight crusade and take advantage of it without paying the click.

Best case scenario it lets you play 3 doubles in a turn instead of the usual two. I suppose if you somehow have more of them than that, you could even hold on to it for another turn before selling it. This would make more sense if there was some sort of double draw card to get you more doubles, but we haven't seen one yet.


Well, Lawyer Up is a double which draws cards, is that what you meant?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Empires wrote:
sechen_rob wrote:
Interesting! I hadn't considered that you could play starlight crusade and take advantage of it without paying the click.

Best case scenario it lets you play 3 doubles in a turn instead of the usual two. I suppose if you somehow have more of them than that, you could even hold on to it for another turn before selling it. This would make more sense if there was some sort of double draw card to get you more doubles, but we haven't seen one yet.


Well, Lawyer Up is a double which draws cards, is that what you meant?


I think he probably means a stronger double draw event. If you're not removing tags, Lawyer Up is a terrible card for drawing, even with a single click (Diesel with a cost of two credits). If there was something more akin to Quality Time, and you had a deck with lots of doubles, then you could do what he was describing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Question: Is an Event immediately placed in the Heap?

Would Power Nap give you 2 credits + 1 credit for Power Nap being in the Heap?

Sorry if it's a dumb question.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BreadRising wrote:
Question: Is an Event immediately placed in the Heap?

Would Power Nap give you 2 credits + 1 credit for Power Nap being in the Heap?

Sorry if it's a dumb question.


From the rulebook, page 11:

Page 11 wrote:
Events represent singular occurrences and are always trashed
after being played.


As such, Power Nap would not be trashed until it is fully resolved, and would not be eligible for its own benefit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skiesbleed wrote:
Page 11 wrote:
Events represent singular occurrences and are always trashed
after being played.


As such, Power Nap would not be trashed until it is fully resolved, and would not be eligible for its own benefit.


Huh. You know what's interesting, though? OCTGN doesn't seem to do that. It keeps events out until end of turn. If you played a Double and then Power Nap (or two Doubles and then Power Nap with Starlight in play), you would be a credit short.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scifantasy wrote:
skiesbleed wrote:
Page 11 wrote:
Events represent singular occurrences and are always trashed
after being played.


As such, Power Nap would not be trashed until it is fully resolved, and would not be eligible for its own benefit.


Huh. You know what's interesting, though? OCTGN doesn't seem to do that. It keeps events out until end of turn. If you played a Double and then Power Nap (or two Doubles and then Power Nap with Starlight in play), you would be a credit short.


Really? I don't use OCTGN, but what about if someone wanted to use Account Siphon, and then use Same Old Thing to play that Account Siphon again? Do you just manually do that, then? It seems like it would need to be addressed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skiesbleed wrote:
Really? I don't use OCTGN, but what about if someone wanted to use Account Siphon, and then use Same Old Thing to play that Account Siphon again? Do you just manually do that, then? It seems like it would need to be addressed.


Huh. Not sure. Maybe it will resolve them manually if you need to (like for Levy or for SOT).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again, STIMHUXK. Official images are always nice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was underwhelming and underpowered when I thought it was 2c per double in heap and 1 influence. But only 1c and 2 influence? so bad.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it's credit neutral at 1 double in the trash (draw + 2 clicks), anything beyond that is profit of one each. Takes 4 to beat sure gamble, any more than that and it's super better. It might not be an auto 3-of, but if you run enough doubles, it can easily be pretty strong, especially if going into longer games.

It's not an auto include, and that's good
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Keaten
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
First Click
badge
Praise it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Takes 4 to beat sure gamble, any more than that and it's super better.

I'm gonna jank the hell out of a doubles deck. No doubt about it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Neksol wrote:
Tuism wrote:
Takes 4 to beat sure gamble, any more than that and it's super better.

I'm gonna jank the hell out of a doubles deck. No doubt about it.


When we see enough doubles to make an event-heavy double deck, I'll be interested to see that. Say about 15-20 double events in deck, plus Starlight Crusade?

Obviously it's going to depend massively on how effective future double events are as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Neksol wrote:
Tuism wrote:
Takes 4 to beat sure gamble, any more than that and it's super better.

I'm gonna jank the hell out of a doubles deck. No doubt about it.


When we see enough doubles to make an event-heavy double deck, I'll be interested to see that. Say about 15-20 double events in deck, plus Starlight Crusade?

Obviously it's going to depend massively on how effective future double events are as well.


And they're all run events. And you're running Tenma

Incidentally, Tenma translates to Pegasus. 天馬。
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Neksol wrote:
Tuism wrote:
Takes 4 to beat sure gamble, any more than that and it's super better.

I'm gonna jank the hell out of a doubles deck. No doubt about it.


3x Power Nap
3x Lucky Find
3x Eureka...?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.