Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allison Macrae
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Lords of Waterdeep a half-dozen times, but today my copy arrived in the mail and I played my first game with 2-player, both expansions. I was prepared for the scores to be higher than base game or 4-player, but I was still surprised by the final scores, and wondered what other people's experiences were with the expansions.

I won 321-244.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You're score seems reasonable.

Our 2 player games have been in the mid to high 200's, just short of 300 - for now devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kadian O'Reilly
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gathraawn wrote:
I've played Lords of Waterdeep a half-dozen times, but today my copy arrived in the mail and I played my first game with 2-player, both expansions. I was prepared for the scores to be higher than base game or 4-player, but I was still surprised by the final scores, and wondered what other people's experiences were with the expansions.

I won 321-244.

I have the expansion but not had chance to play with it yet.
Do you think it makes a better game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kadian wrote:
gathraawn wrote:

I won 321-244.

I have the expansion but not had chance to play with it yet.
Do you think it makes a better game?

We are happy to play it either way depending on time. The Expansions add nice variety and would join the chorus of those that highly recommend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt MacStravic
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
With 2-Player games, making the Double Lap (200+ Points per player) is pretty much a given, as there is so much room on the boards and turns to complete quests. In three-Player, it is similar scoring, but a little lower (High 100s for each player).

In 4-Player it's low-to-mid 100s due to crowding/blocking and Attacks/MQs coming across. 5-Player is the same, with more crowding.

Haven't managed to get a 6-player game together, though would like to give a it shot for the "Did That" experience. Would imagine that scores would be similar or lower than 5-player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Overton
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played a two player long game today and the final score was 321 (same!) to 269, so your scores seem to be on the money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
With 2-Player games, making the Double Lap (200+ Points per player) is pretty much a given, as there is so much room on the boards and turns to complete quests. In three-Player, it is similar scoring, but a little lower (High 100s for each player).

In 4-Player it's low-to-mid 100s due to crowding/blocking and Attacks/MQs coming across. 5-Player is the same, with more crowding.

Haven't managed to get a 6-player game together, though would like to give a it shot for the "Did That" experience. Would imagine that scores would be similar or lower than 5-player.

I mostly agree, but my two-player games tend to be high 100's as well, because Intrigue cards get played a LOT: probably 4-6 MQ's and a dozen attacks per game, all targeted towards maximum pain in a zero-sum game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
more of my stuff at www.dennisthebadger.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to necro an old thread but i was super excited to score 280+ (i think it was 283) in a 6 player game in the IOS version the other days.
I was a rediculous combination of having an extra agent as a quest reward, then i got the "play a free intrigue card" reward and i think also some reward that gave me extra intrigue cards (i think, i'll have to check again which one that might have been). I had these both by the end of the second turn, thanks to free resources from other players playing intrigue cards.
I just spammed intrigue cards every turn. The building that lets you play 3 intrigue cards as a single action was out. It was totally insane!!!!

will never happen again. i'm sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.