Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Late-Scheduled OP 5 Dominion Build - Thoughts/Advice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathaniel Dixon
United States
California
flag msg tools
I've really been taking this game pretty casually so far. I only play at one venue, and haven't been too worried about winning. But I want to win OP5, which is only now getting played at my store. The delay means I get to play it with the Battleship though, so here's what I have:

Venue Rules: 100 Points, One Admiral Order, One Resource

Order: United Force (Cards purchased with this are marked with a *)

4th Division Battleship (36)
Resource: Dominion Flagship (10)
Gul Dukat (5)
Tetryon Emissions (*)
Dorsal Weapons Array (*)
Boheeka (*)

Dominion Starship (20)
Gelnon (3)
Breen Aide (*)

Dominion Starship (20)
Gul Evek (2)
Glinn Telle (3)
Shroud (1)

Strategy: I want to avoid a straight joust, I think, but we'll see. I'm planning on starting with a sweep around, to give me time to eliminate OWPs that bother me before assaulting the opposition (at my venue, primarily three-ship Romulan builds and two-ship Federation builds).

I know a lot of people push Captured Intelligence on the Battleship, and I originally had it - but decided that Tetryon Emissions was a better choice against the OWPs. I also like Gelnon for one-turn Orbital destruction.

One thing I am particularly torn on is the Flagship. I feel like the Dominion Flagship Defense-boosting special will really help in general, and that gives me Free Scan, Free Battle Stations, Target Lock or Tetryon each turn. The Neutral side gives me Free Target Lock, Free Battle Stations, Scan/Tetryon, and loses the defense. Not sure which to use. Or even if I should scrap the Flagship entirely for two Forward Weapons Grids on the Attack Ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
garry cooper
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Looks good, one idea, drop Glinn Telle & shroud for antiproton scan in case you are up against cloakers. Place a scan token and get +1 attack against ships without active shields. Good Luck!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, Thematically, very cool. Practically, the JH Fighters just don't have enough Firepower. If you want to keep the same basic Fleet setup, I'd say flip the Flagship to the Independent-Dominion side and Replace all of the stuff on Evek's ship with Suicide Attack. Makes it just about guaranteed to hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can, I'd run the Hideki's in place of the flagship and a JH fighter.

You would do a lot for yourself switching the other fighter for a Koranak, but I'd understand why you want the fighter as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Masters
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
We ran OP last week, so it is a little late compared to everyone. And for some reason our store cannot seem to get in the newest stuff, so we don't even have some items from wave 2 or 3 in yet. So here was my fleet which worked pretty well. I finished second. It is designed to maximize actions.

Strike Force:5 SP
Resource: Flagship (independent 2nd bonus action to another ship and the following bonuses: +1A, +1H, +1S, evade.) 10 Resource SP

Koranak (Flagship) 26 SP
Captain: Sar 1 SP
Crew: Breen Aide 2 SP
Weapon: Dominion Photon Torpedoes 5 SP
Tech: Tetryon Emissions 3 SP
Tech: EM Pulse 4 SP

Gor Portas 26 SP
Captain: Gul Dukat 5 SP
Crew: Boheeka 2 sp
Weapon: Energy Dissipator 5 SP
Weapon: Forward Weapons Grid 5 SP
Weapon: Dominion Photon Torpedo 5 SP
Weapon: Enhanced Weaponry 5 SP

The Koranak and Forward Weapons Grid allowed me to destroy 2 Orbital Weapons Platforms per turn since I kept the ships pretty close to ensure the free actions. In hindsight the Gor Portas was too reliant on Target Lock, which against the Romulans and Klingtons only came into play twice, but when it did these two ships cored a Valdore in 1 round. So I would probably do away with the photons on the Koranak, and the enhance weaponry on the gor portas. I know a lot of people don't like the energy dissipator but when it hits it changes the game. By getting rid of 10 points worth of weapons you probably can get a few more crew members, like Glinn Telle and perhaps antiproton scan.

Salcor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.