Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simo Voutilainen
Finland
Kuopio
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If the Weather optional rule is NOT used - are spring and autumn quarters always dry?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Looby
United States
Wadhams
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simppa74 wrote:
If the Weather optional rule is NOT used - are spring and autumn quarters always dry?

Hi Simo,

Yes those are always dry.

Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Masters
United States
flag msg tools
I HIGHLY suggest you use the weather rule. It'll prevent either play from getting over-run after a string of good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the previous version, weather was randomly determined at the start of every player turn in November, and at the start of every player turn of April... but once it switched to mud or dry (respectively), it stayed that way until the following April or November. In other words, once the season turned, it stayed that way for months for both players.

Now it seems that the weather can flip-flop dry/wet/dry/wet in the same season. So if my weather rolls are bad and yours are good, you'll be campaigning in clear and I'll be campaigning over the same ground in mud, then it might dry up for you and start raining again on me. (Old grognards might be reminded of a similar screwy effect of random weather in the old Cobra.) This added dose of chaos will have a significant impact. I won't pass judgment until I get a chance to play, but it sure doesn't sit right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.