Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1st place: Jim Eliason
2nd place: John Pack
3rd place: Tom Arndt
Halsey (best Allied play): Ken Nied
Nagumo (best Japanese play): John Pack

That's 2 Nagumos in a row for John Pack. And Jim Eliason joins Alan Applebaum and Ed Menzel as the only players with a streak of 3 first-place Midwest Open finishes in 4 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We need facts man, more facts!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim went 6-0 and now has compiled a record of 25-5 at Midwest Open since 2010. John went 5-1 (with all 5 wins as Japan) and lost only to Jim. Tom went 4-2 and lost only to Jim and John. I also should have mentioned earlier that Ed Menzel remains the only player to take 3 straight titles.

I believe there were 27 players at the event. After last year when the Allies won the majority of games, the Japanese side made a strong recovery in 2014.

We also had subsidiary free-form tournaments for Cartagena and San Juan going on (played either the evening before the tournament started, or played during VITP rounds by players whose games finished early), and Glenn Petroski won both of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Eliason
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
ConSimWorld has a detailed description of my six games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.