Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
29 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: The Demon Spirits and the Holy Order. A thematic, hidden roles game for 15 players. (6/15) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
History does not tell when the Demon Spirits first appeared in your world, though it must now be several decades ago. The first reports were ignored as superstition and fairy tales. But once the killing and the panic began there was no denying it.

All soon learned that there was no way to fight them. People were suddenly transformed into murderous madmen, and when they in turn were killed all could see the spirit of a demon leaving the now deceased body, only to enter into another one nearby. It became known that the spirits could move between people and take complete control of them. Some said the demons could slay with a single word.

Mass hysteria ensued. Wherever the spirits wanted to go they went. Wherever they made demands they were met by people too terrified of their power to do anything else. Those who tried to resist were either enslaved themselves, or killed by those who had fear as their new master. Once the Emperor became possessed, all meaningful attempts at resistance were over.

In the next few months all civilization crumbled. Those with enough money and time fled for distant lands, hoping that this scourge would not follow them there. The land was split up between different demons, ruling as they pleased, treating the people like playthings. Some of them would make war on each other for more power, more slaves to command. Others would hunt innocents for sport. And no one knew of a way to harm them.

Then came hope. Out of seclusion they came, holy men and women. They sought out the arrogant demons, who were certain that they were beyond the reach of any mortal hand. The people of Faith then performed a ritual they had divined to drive out the demon spirit, utterly destroying the abomination. The warnings about this threat to their existence did not reach most of the tyrants, and so they were destroyed before they knew their own peril.

Once the remaining spirits understood what was happening they did everything they could to eradicate the threat. Those still in power started wars against the Faith, and Brothers and Sisters across the land were murdered. In other parts the people gained new hope when the rumors reached them of the death of the spirits. Mass uprisings led to massive blood baths as the spirits took out their vengeance on the ordinary people who did not have any kind of defence against the power of the demons.

Now the lands are in tatters. The holy people are locked in a deadly struggle with these immortal demons, who will stop at nothing to wipe out the knowledge of the cleansing ritual. The Faith itself has become the prime target for possession, murdering their own and burning down monasteries. While this tactic was successful at first, the Faith soon became wary of any signs of possession amongst themselves, and keep a watchful vigil at all times…

You are all joined together in prayer. The Power of Faith is within you, binding you together. In these trying times you are the last hope for mankind. Your Chaplain stands above and apart, channeling the will of the gods.

Through the stone wall of your sanctum a shape glides through. The outline of a form is there, horrible to behold, terrifying in its power. Quickly after it three more follow. In a mist of sickly green they descend upon the gathered brothers on the floor. The short moment of panic passes and everyone looks around. Who has already been slain? Whose mind is now occupied by a beast that has brought mankind to the edge of ruin?

- Bar the Doors! Let no one leave! booms the voice of the Chaplain. The darkness never came near him, he will lead you to salvation!

You quickly seal off the chamber and prepare to find the demons before they destroy you all…

What is this?
A thematic game of werewolf for 15 players with hidden roles (I'll run it with 16 or 17 as well if more people express interest).
Known number of evil players (4) and no aux evils.
No conversion.
Team reveal on death, no power reveal.
"No lynch" vote allowed.
Tied votes lead to no lynch.
One player is a known good (the Chaplain) and has a tiebreaker vote.
Evil wins by achieving parity with remaining good players.
Good wins by eliminating all four spirits.
Dusk at 0700 AM. Dawn at 0730 AM.

I've gotten feedback on the set and I feel like this could be really fun! Join one, join all! We'll start when full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Demon Spirits and the Holy Order. A thematic, hidden roles game for 17.
Mine.

While this is thematic you are not forced to roleplay. I encourage anyone who wants to write their posts in a thematic way, but no one is forced to do it.

So what do you know?

The Order has kept books on their battles against the spirits, and have amassed quite a lot of information on the nature of the threat. The spirits seem to have powers beyond possession, you know for sure that they have killed people without needing to resort to physical violence. Other, less direct powers have also been noted.

What is perhaps even more interesting are the blessings of the Gods that the Order recieves. When in the presence of the Spirits some of the brethren are always granted some abilities to help them combat their foe. These blessings have come in a vast variety of types. The only thing that is always granted is the ability to divine the infestion of a Spirit in the soul of another. But the power granted is never known before actually encountering the monsters, and can be different for the same person if they live to fight more than one battle.

For game purposes this means that a seer will be present, and most likely some other types of powers as well. The Spirits will have a power to kill, and most likely some other powers as well. If you feel like discussing this in game, and want to stay thematic, you can reference the books of the Order, and in that context discuss any kind of power that has ever been thought of in a WW game.

You also know that once a Spirit has attached itself to a soul it can not leave volontarily. They also seem to have a hard time killing themselves to go free - this is why this game will not feature conversion. I know some players really don't like conversion so I wanted to make this clear.

The cleansing ritual takes a full day to prepare, and only 1 person can be subjected to it. The soul of anyone subjected to it will be purged from the body and utterly destroyed. This will kill a Spirit, but will also kill anyone who is not possessed. Choose your victims with care...

The Holy Order will not subject anyone to the ritual if they are not in agreement. Any tied votes lead to No lynch. Watch those late vote swings...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
auramine o
chardir
CrimsonFox
KraZug
SamNzed

5 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1133...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra. I can do mornings. I love theme. I can role play whatever you like
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Auramine O wrote:
I just signed up on Cassandra. I can do mornings. I love theme. I can role play whatever you like

This made me happy. Maybe I'm a bit too emotionaly invested here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds very interesting! I won't roleplay, and I can sorta try to write thematically.

Lynch time is 5am for me, so doubt I will ever make that. Is that a problem? I've actually kind of been looking for a game that I will miss lynch on, just to see what it's like. But this seems a bit special for that.

Maybe I'll keep an eye on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missing lynch time is mostly a problem for oneself I think.

When I played the game with the faceless one I had a perfect priest claim ready, but I was away when everyone suddenly lynched me. I don't think they would have if I had been there.

Concerning Nk's and other powers I will be happy to accept conditional orders, which are often a good idea if you are missing lynch.

I'm glad that you're interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Having read through the rules for spelledaren I cannot join.

What I can do is say: If you're able, join this game. It looks amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:
Having read through the rules for spelledaren I cannot join.

What I can do is say: If you're able, join this game. It looks amazing.
Mod of the Year seal of approval? surprise
Hmm. I'll keep an eye on it, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smilin' Stan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smilin' Stan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7am is great for me but I think you'll struggle to find 17 players at that time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, it's my main concern. But that's the time window where I know that I can be available every day. But I've seen some posting going on in different games at those hours, so I don't think it's hopeless.

Maybe I should try a direct approach, and Geekmail those that do post at that time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get people in who can't be around at lynch to help fill this one up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never did start geekmailing players, Sam was the first I prodded directly

I'd really like to get this flying. I'll probably poke some more people during the week and we'll see if we get any decent number. I can run the game with 15 or 16 as well, just adjust a little power in the evil team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Demon Spirits and the Holy Order. A thematic, hidden roles game for 17 players. Sign up now!
Perfect time for a game. Irina you should join! That's right before you go to bed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Demon Spirits and the Holy Order. A thematic, hidden roles game for 17 players. Sign up now!
2Many hobbies is starting his 7 AM game on the 22nd as it seems. I'd like this game to start once that has finished. I am putting in a start date on the 28th of April, and changing the number of players to 15, and hope that we can kick off at that time. Poke a friend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Demon Spirits and the Holy Order. A thematic, hidden roles game for 15 players. Sign up now for start 28/4! (4/15)
spelledaren wrote:
2Many hobbies is starting his 7 AM game on the 22nd as it seems. I'd like this game to start once that has finished. I am putting in a start date on the 28th of April, and changing the number of players to 15, and hope that we can kick off at that time. Poke a friend!

I've still got my eye on this. Will probably sign back up when it gets close, just don't want to get caught in too many games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Demon Spirits and the Holy Order. A thematic, hidden roles game for 15 players. Sign up now for start 28/4! (4/15)
Poke!

Let's fill this and have roles dealt out on monday with a first lynch on tuesday! Sign up, bring a friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Demon Spirits and the Holy Order. A thematic, hidden roles game for 15 players. (4/15)
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Demon Spirits and the Holy Order. A thematic, hidden roles game for 15 players. (4/15)
Auramine O wrote:
laugh

Hey, gotta stay positive!

We're closing in on a time when I won't be able to run this anymore. I guess start by may 12th is the latest that would work for me, so I have to make a push and hope for the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PUSH!!!!!

i still want to play. i accidentally flaked on the other game i signed up for. i need reminders. lol.

LETS GO FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'm back in.

Let's recruit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Demon Spirits and the Holy Order. A thematic, hidden roles game for 15 players. (5/15)
2Million had to push his game back a day, so it will not end until the coming week. Several players that want to play this one are playing that one, so we will not start until that finishes.

With 1st of May celebrations coming up a more likely start would then be the 5th of May. Maybe with roles out on the 2nd and a long D1 over the weekend. That would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.