Jean Patric Schneider
Germany
Luebbecke
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning Gentlemen,

just a question from a prussian observer of the magnificent event:

where exactly do I place ground obstacles?
Does it have to be directly (say the next field) in front of an unit?
Or can I place it anywhere in front of it (in the appropriate coloured region)?
What if the only unit which could be affected occupies the last field in the appropriate couloured region?

Vielen Dank,

brisko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, you place ground obstacle, as smoke, directly in the front space of the chosen unit. The colour of the region where you place it has no importance, it's your unit which must be in the appropriate coloured region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
brisko32312 wrote:
...where exactly do I place ground obstacles?

It is very important to understand that often you will have some discretion to place ground obstacles. Thus, you must use this discretion within the context of your overall plan of attack. Too many players simply 'wing it'. Don't. See my thoughts about the placement of obstacles.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1062749/through-our-enemys-f...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Patric Schneider
Germany
Luebbecke
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey David,

I read through your post and... wow- it is great and helpfull.

I just handle two things differently:

1. I will keep on using Union Event chits where they hamper my plans the most - otherwise I feel gamy. modest

2. (and this is also a question: ) I thought you have to move if you can?!
I understand rule 7.0 and Rick Thompson's answer to the "Against the wind" question here http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1068837/against-the-wind that there is no choice of staying and generating Confederate chits instead of moving.

Regards,

brisko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
brisko32312 wrote:
...I thought you have to move if you can?! I understand rule 7.0 and Rick Thompson's answer to the "Against the wind" question here http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1068837/against-the-wind that there is no choice of staying and generating Confederate chits instead of moving.

Hmm, I was not aware of this. Let me investigate. I am on the road so I can't take a look at the game right now. Give me a few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! I don't have the game in front of me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that we decided that you must move the unit forward - the boys just do it.
Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
HitchKennedy wrote:
brisko32312 wrote:
...I thought you have to move if you can?! I understand rule 7.0 and Rick Thompson's answer to the "Against the wind" question here http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1068837/against-the-wind that there is no choice of staying and generating Confederate chits instead of moving.

Hmm, I was not aware of this. Let me investigate. I am on the road so I can't take a look at the game right now. Give me a few days.

Hi, brisko.

It looks like I made a mistake here. I interpreted the result for "C'mon, Boys!" to be discretionary:

"It can enter an Obstacle -OR- if it does not, draw 1 Gray chit."

"[C]an" should probably read "must". I'll revise my strategy guide accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Story
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the line will advance until something stops them. They wouldn't just sit in the open taking fire, especially arty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.