Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Holmberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

In Arkham Horror, there is a limit, if you are leaving a space where there is a monster token, it will cost actions. Can not find it but I've got this idea that there is something similar in Eldritch horror? Am i wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No extra actions required to leave a monster space.

Just leave the place normally.

It is a whole city, or wilderness, or sea!
you just evaded it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CeeTee2001 wrote:
Hi there!

In Arkham Horror, there is a limit, if you are leaving a space where there is a monster token, it will cost actions. Can not find it but I've got this idea that there is something similar in Eldritch horror? Am i wrong?

Wrong you are. There's no movement restrictions when dealing with monsters. You cannot, however, perform a rest action or acquire assets while on a space with a monster. You also have to encounter all the monsters on a space during the encounter phase and only if all of them have been defeated at the end of that phase can you have a regular encounter on that space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Holmberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewbwm wrote:
CeeTee2001 wrote:
Hi there!

Wrong you are. There's no movement restrictions when dealing with monsters. You cannot, however, perform a rest action or acquire assets while on a space with a monster. You also have to encounter all the monsters on a space during the encounter phase and only if all of them have been defeated at the end of that phase can you have a regular encounter on that space.

Adding a small caveat: monsters like the Gug may have an effect that stops you from proceeding normally (eg having a regular encounter) after you defeat them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question relating to this thread after out first run this evening.
Being new and not knowing all the rules that well, and playing Azatoth, there might be obvious answers on other old ones.

But!
What happens if you ignore portals and monsters?
From our first run it only served as a blocker if you cannot move past it for the encounterphase and thus forcing you into combat risking death.

There is the doom token advancing with the doom tracker and portal symbols sure, but what other reasons are there to keep the board clean of portals / monsters? For us what really mattered seemed to be hunting clue tokens mostly (depending on some mythos cards).

Did we miss something important?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Halstead
Canada
Theodore
SASKATCHEWAN
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can ignore monsters with Azethoth, wouldn't recommend it as they will clog your cities and block you from getting assets.
But if you don't get rid of portals not only will your cities become packed with monsters the doom track is going to blast down and you will lose the game by the 10th round at best.

If you use the point system that could give you some extra incentive to close gates and kill monsters too.

On my last game, we had a guy just sit on Tokyo and get rid of monsters or move them out to sea, because we were running low on mythos cards and had to power through two mysteries quickly. I almost felt sorry for the poor Gug just swimming around the icy water off the shore of Antarctica, howling at passing ships full of investigators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.