Subject: Swet value? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
eric magill
United States
russellville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
In first scenario, intervention, Insurgents starts with 6. If they play fight corruption for vp seems they can run up score quickly. Also seems odd that swet in wilderness district counts same as urban. Yes I know can put 3 in urban area and 1 wilderness but still seems easy to run up score. Wonder if others had this issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric magill
United States
russellville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Or am I missing something? Do Younonly score for swet u lay that turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fishboy73 wrote:
In first scenario, intervention, Insurgents starts with 6. If they play fight corruption for vp seems they can run up score quickly. Also seems odd that swet in wilderness district counts same as urban. Yes I know can put 3 in urban area and 1 wilderness but still seems easy to run up score. Wonder if others had this issue?

Yes, you are correct. You are going to have to hope they don't draw that objective card. 8^)

You have to try to limit their ability to build up their SWET/Nets. I believe the key is interruption of their LOCs. If they don't have an LOC - they can't build SWET/Nets in that district. The insurgents start with 2 Training Camps and 1 Supply Column on the map at the beginning to trace LOCs to so try to place your starting ANA and Spec Forces unit where you think you can block the most LOCs. Since the Coalition set up first, you are going to have to make an educated guess where the Insurgents are going to place their 2 Training Camps. Picking off their Training Camps and their Supply Columns when possible is also a good idea. The hard part is that your hand is smaller than the Insurgents so you have to try to figure out how to balance limiting Insurgent scoring and scoring points for yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fishboy73 wrote:
Or am I missing something? Do Younonly score for swet u lay that turn?

No, you score for all of them on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Varachidis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
VO NGUYEN GIAP
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea about the actuall counters? (old Avalon Hill style, or the new, thick, laser cut?)....Both style are shown in the photos, so, which ones are included in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
idiorythmos wrote:
Any idea about the actuall counters? (old Avalon Hill style, or the new, thick, laser cut?)....Both style are shown in the photos, so, which ones are included in the game?

The counters I got in my copy were standard cardboard, die-cut, not thicker laser cut - probably late to the party to answer this, but thought I'd mention it in case you've got it subscribed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
jwboone wrote:
fishboy73 wrote:

Yes, you are correct. You are going to have to hope they don't draw that objective card. 8^)

You have to try to limit their ability to build up their SWET/Nets. I believe the key is interruption of their LOCs. If they don't have an LOC - they can't build SWET/Nets in that district. The insurgents start with 2 Training Camps and 1 Supply Column on the map at the beginning to trace LOCs to so try to place your starting ANA and Spec Forces unit where you think you can block the most LOCs. Since the Coalition set up first, you are going to have to make an educated guess where the Insurgents are going to place their 2 Training Camps. Picking off their Training Camps and their Supply Columns when possible is also a good idea. The hard part is that your hand is smaller than the Insurgents so you have to try to figure out how to balance limiting Insurgent scoring and scoring points for yourself.

It seems hard to beat insurgents if they get the Fight Corruption card. Either don't allow insurgents to draw that in their initial hand or have them start with less SWET.NETS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.