M Hellyer
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
I go to the main page for a game and see all the listings of that game for sale in the "Marketplace" section. The game price is there but I don't know if I've ever seen the shipping charges. So, I email the seller to find the shipping charges. Am I overlooking the shipping charges somewhere in the Marketplace? In eBay shipping charges or a link to a shipping charge calculator are clearly shown, but I don't see that info in the bgg Marketplace. I would really like to see the shipping charges clearly displayed. I know shipping charges may vary by destination, especially internationally, but I would think at least a "domestic" (inside country) shipping rate could be posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Schulteis
United States
Bourbonnais
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even domestic shipping prices can be quite volatile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt horn
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
There's no functionality like ebay built into the BGG Marketplace. Some sellers will put a ZIP code and weight so that you can calculate it yourself, or sometimes they'll specify a flat rate shipping amount within the US.

There are postal zones within the US, so even then you can't accurately calculate domestic shipping rates without knowing the FROM and the TO. I suspect this is also the case in other large countries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Taylor
United States
Berryville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Just Another Washed Up Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
With ebay you're shipping the game within the next few days, so it can be packed, weighed and shipping calculated for that moment.

With the BGG Marketplace, it may be years. I may want the game on my shelf during that time to play while I wait for it to be sold. (Which is generally my desire...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.