Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I guess what I'm asking is whether or not a runner technically "scores" an agenda, and triggers any "when scored" effects, when he steals it; or is "scoring" something only the corp ever does?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Tebben
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Re: When an agenda is stolen, is it considered "scored", too, or just " stolen"?
Only the corp can "score" agendas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: When an agenda is stolen, is it considered "scored", too, or just " stolen"?
Corps score agendas & Runners steal them.

Also, abilities & text on agendas are only for the Corp, unless otherwise stated (NBN agenda TGTBT for example gives the Runner a tag when accessed, or the unreleased Jinteki agenda Medical Breakthrough which states it's ability works in Runner score area... http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/android-netrun...

Hope that helps!

ninja!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stillnotking wrote:

But in both cases they go to the score area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SonnyDK wrote:
stillnotking wrote:

But in both cases they go to the score area.

This is true, but a Runner does not score agendas only steals them. Also have to look at it in regards to other cards (Midseason for example, "play only if Runner stole an agenda....")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
stillnotking wrote:

A fact that makes Iain Stirling much better than he appears at first glance*

*until the almost certain ruling that he's actually as good as he appears at first glance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Tebben
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
IncompleteUserNa wrote:
stillnotking wrote:

*until the almost certain ruling that he's actually as good as he appears at first glance.

That's hilarious.

Hopefully they fix it before it goes to the printer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Smith
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
stillnotking wrote:
IncompleteUserNa wrote:
stillnotking wrote:

That's hilarious.

Meh, everyone scores agenda points. Only the corp scores agendas though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
CasMat wrote:
stillnotking wrote:
IncompleteUserNa wrote:
stillnotking wrote:

That's hilarious.

Meh, everyone scores agenda points. Only the corp scores agendas though.

That isn't the explicit language the rulebook uses. This is the community that couldn't figure out if RSVP prevented you from trashing assets since the rulebook used the word "pay" instead of "spend". We'll need a ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the issue here? It's really really simple.

"if the corporation has scored more agenda points"

From the rules

Quote:
The objective for both players is to score seven agenda points. The Corporation scores agenda points by advancing agendas; the Runner scores agenda points by stealing agendas from the Corporation. Agendas are cards that only appear in the Corporation's deck.

So, corps score Agenda Points by scoring Agendas.

Runners score agenda points by stealing agendas. There you go, it's in the rulebook, no clarification needed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Breuch
Germany
Kettig
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CasMat and Taloncarde are right.
There is a difference between Agenda and Agenda Points.
And there is a difference between scoring/stealing an Agenda and Scored Agenda Points in your Score Area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Tebben
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I think we all know that the intent of Stirling's ID is obvious.

I do hope they make the language a little more explicit before printing him, though. Lots of amateur rules lawyers out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stillnotking wrote:

I do hope they make the language a little more explicit before printing him, though. Lots of amateur rules lawyers out there.

How? Runner and corp both score Agenda Points, the ways they do so are different.

There is no need to make him more explicit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Tebben
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Taloncarde wrote:
stillnotking wrote:

How? Runner and corp both score Agenda Points, the ways they do so are different.

It doesn't say "if the corp has scored more agenda points". That would be fine. It says "if the corp has more scored agenda points", which could be read as "scored agenda points", rather than the intended "scored agenda points".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stillnotking wrote:
Taloncarde wrote:
stillnotking wrote:

It doesn't say "if the corp has scored more agenda points". That would be fine. It says "if the corp has more scored agenda points", which could be read as "scored agenda points", rather than the intended "scored agenda points".

Quote:
The objective for both players is to score seven agenda points. The Corporation scores agenda points by advancing agendas; the Runner scores agenda points by stealing agendas from the Corporation. Agendas are cards that only appear in the Corporation's deck.

So the corporation scores agenda points. They have more scored agenda points if the number of agenda points is > the number of agenda points that the runner has scored.

agena points is a clearly defined (and in fact goal of the game) term.

I don't see the need to clarify any further, but hey, when he comes out send your questions in to Lukas, that's how they find out what is needed for the FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
stillnotking wrote:
Taloncarde wrote:
stillnotking wrote:

It could only be read that way by someone willfully trying to misunderstand the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Tebben
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
CapAp wrote:
stillnotking wrote:
Taloncarde wrote:
stillnotking wrote:

It could only be read that way by someone willfully trying to misunderstand the card.

You're absolutely right, but that's true of a substantial amount of the rules wrangling I've seen in card games. That's why designers spend a lot of time trying to come up with card text that can't possibly be misinterpreted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's clear to see that you know many designers and have a great inside line on how their time is spent. Go ahead get back to cracking those misinterpretable card texts, your talents are wasted in this forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.