Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not preordered this but I am very interested in this game. Anyone preorder this? I originally heard it would be shipping in Feb. but I have not seen any buzz from new owners. Any news please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
... Unfortunately, a few key dates slipped due to the manufacturing schedule bumping up against Chinese New Year and our desire for only the highest quality components...

Quote:
...We do not yet have a specific release date, but it will be arriving in the Spring...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
Quote:
... Unfortunately, a few key dates slipped due to the manufacturing schedule bumping up against Chinese New Year and our desire for only the highest quality components...

Quote:
...We do not yet have a specific release date, but it will be arriving in the Spring...

Thanks David. Some how I missed that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally placed my pre-order a few weeks ago, along with some web exclusive card packs that I hadn't picked up yet. They sent along the stuff they had, with a note saying that Dark Gothic would be a little later than they hoped.

This tell me two things;
1)FFP are still awesome for sending out the stuff instead of just waiting and sending it all at once. (They didn't need to do that, I ordered when I did expecting the other stuff to ship along with Dark Gothic)
2)It was far enough away from being ready, that they went ahead and sent out partial orders for a few cards. (Which makes me think another 6-8 weeks is easily in store for those of us waiting.)

Again, no insider info, just me guessing based on my recent order and having been a long time customer and supporter of the Flying Frog crew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1932f20 wrote:
Aging One wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks David. Some how I missed that

I sent them an email the other day, after their new website went up, because I couldn't find my Dark Gothic pre-order. I also asked them about any new release information for the game. They confirmed my pre-order and provided the answers I quoted above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say I'm surprised. I ordered at gencon full expecting the February release date to be missed. I'm patient though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
rcmoore4 wrote:
Can't say I'm surprised. I ordered at gencon full expecting the February release date to be missed. I'm patient though.

Okay...my patience is beginning to wane with the lack of news. Throw us a bone FFP! Jason? Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Crawford - Greybeard
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*bump

Curious, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there's so little word on anything about this game, I keep forgetting it's supposed to come out this year .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Tucker
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent them an email the other day, after their new website went up...
What new website? I tried to access their store today and it said site temporally unavailable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the old store bookmarked or something, the new store has a completely new address, you have to access it from FFP main page. Or:

http://flyingfrogproductions.mybigcommerce.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
rcmoore4 wrote:
rcmoore4 wrote:

Okay...my patience is beginning to wane with the lack of news. Throw us a bone FFP! Jason? Anyone?

Time for my monthly..."where the bleep is it already??" post.
C'mon FFP! Update us please!

Until next month....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a reprint of the game or 2nd edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:

Dark Gothic is a deckbuilder game set in the world of A touch of Evil. No crossover interaction or play with A touch of Evil, other than the theme and art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornbread46 wrote:
Rochambeaux wrote:

Dark Gothic is a deckbuilder game set in the world of A touch of Evil. No crossover interaction or play with A touch of Evil, other than the theme and art.

Sorry - meant "Touch of Evil" itself...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
rcmoore4 wrote:
rcmoore4 wrote:
rcmoore4 wrote:

Time for my monthly..."where the bleep is it already??" post.
C'mon FFP! Update us please!

Until next month....

Next month...snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose I should just pre-order this instead of waiting for more news. I'd hate to miss the Dryad pre-order bonus. It would be just my luck if they stealth shipped this and I missed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked the FFP page. It still says "expected ship date Spring 2014". Even though we're now a day and a half into Summer!

No worries, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of curious if this is getting delayed because of the production of Brimstone. That's the biggest game they've ever attempted so not surprised this got put on the backburner.

Usually they upload a bunch of new art just before release too which we haven't seen yet. I expect this might be a Gencon release since we're getting close. Or they are holding it for then to boost convention sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Taylor
United States
La Canada
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Never fear! Dark Gothic is set to arrive next week and will be going out the door to all pre-orders as soon as we get it!

From their facebook about an hour ago. surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
inultus wrote:
Quote:
Never fear! Dark Gothic is set to arrive next week and will be going out the door to all pre-orders as soon as we get it!

Thanks for the info.

So decided I better order it, but can't remember my password, so requested a new one but it never showed up. And even though they have an option to check out with Paypal, it won't work unless you have an account. Arg!

EDIT- Got it ordered! Took a long time for their server to send the password change email and Mary Beth helped out. Finally got my order confirmation just now. Huzzah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
inultus wrote:
Quote:

Yeah! I was wondering if they'd get it off before gencon...which is when I preordered the game last year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Pre-order at FFP is $39.95.

At CSI it's $26.49.

Other than a couple of "bonus" cards what's the difference?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:

At CSI it's $26.49.

As for as I can tell, nothing. And there was $11 shipping on top of that. The only reason I ordered direct was being a completionist I didn't want to miss the promo cards.

I always wonder why direct sales from publishers don't at least give you free shipping. I can understand them charging retail so the brick & mortar stores don't get pissed. But giving free shipping is just a nice gesture, considering they are making a good chunk more on each unit selling direct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Rochambeaux wrote:

At CSI it's $26.49.

As for as I can tell, nothing. And there was $11 shipping on top of that. The only reason I ordered direct was being a completionist I didn't want to miss the promo cards.

I always wonder why direct sales from publishers don't at least give you free shipping. I can understand them charging retail so the brick & mortar stores don't get pissed. But giving free shipping is just a nice gesture, considering they are making a good chunk more on each unit selling direct.

So $50.49 direct vs $26.49??

No brainer for me - if I get desperate for the promo cards I can always Printerstudio them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.