Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I just got this and couldn't find anything in the rules about how to add some of the extra counters, if I just add the extra smoke counters to the existing smoke counters from the base game then it will change the odds of getting certain smoke densities... is that the intent? Or are they spares.

Any advice on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigermuppetcut wrote:
Hi I just got this and couldn't find anything in the rules about how to add some of the extra counters, if I just add the extra smoke counters to the existing smoke counters from the base game then it will change the odds of getting certain smoke densities... is that the intent? Or are they spares.

Any advice on this?

You add the smoke markers to the ones from CC:Europe.

However, the larger objective chits are exactly the same as the Europe ones. You can use either set (but not both).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
tigermuppetcut wrote:
Any advice on this?

I know the answer is above, but I just wanted to point out that the answer is also in the FAQ (PDF File) on GMT's Site

Objective Chits
The (5/8") Objective Chits in CC:M completely replace the (1/2") Objective Chits in CC:E.

Smoke/Fire Markers
Mix the Smoke/Fire Markers in CC:M together with the Smoke/Fire Markers in CC:E.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much for clearing this up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond de Waard
Netherlands
Dordrecht
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there somewhere a list of how many smoke/fire markers you should have? I mean X markers smoke 1, X markers smoke 8, etc. After playing CC for many years I'm not really shure I still have the complete set of smoke markers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if it is listed anywhere, but there are 6 chits of smoke sizes 1-5 and 4 chits of smoke 6-10. ... The extra 2 chits for the small ones are from the Med addition. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
tigermuppetcut wrote:
Any advice on this?

I know the answer is above, but I just wanted to point out that the answer is also in the FAQ (PDF File) on GMT's Site

Objective Chits
The (5/8") Objective Chits in CC:M completely replace the (1/2") Objective Chits in CC:E.

Smoke/Fire Markers
Mix the Smoke/Fire Markers in CC:M together with the Smoke/Fire Markers in CC:E.

I was looking at this thread to figure out how I coulc incorperate all my CC into as few counter trays as possible.

So I checked out the FAQ mentioned and noticed this is from 2008.
Is this really the last one they created or does the link simply not refer you to the most recent one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this one:

http://www.gmtgames.com/combatcomm/CC-Consolidated-FAQ.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
sagitar wrote:
RPardoe wrote:
tigermuppetcut wrote:
Any advice on this?

Objective Chits

Smoke/Fire Markers

I was looking at this thread to figure out how I coulc incorperate all my CC into as few counter trays as possible.

So I checked out the FAQ mentioned and noticed this is from 2008.
Is this really the last one they created or does the link simply not refer you to the most recent one?

CC has very little errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:

Is there actually any errata? I'm not aware of any myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
Malacandra wrote:

Is there actually any errata? I'm not aware of any myself.

There is a rulebook version 1.1 (AFAIK the current rulebook, and has been for years) which incorporates errata from the first version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:

There is a rulebook version 1.1 (AFAIK the current rulebook, and has been for years) which incorporates errata from the first version.

And what were the errata?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
russ wrote:

In the 1.1 rulebook the changes are printed in blue. There isn't very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
russ wrote:

Mike, not to repeat myself, but try:

http://www.gmtgames.com/combatcomm/CC-Consolidated-FAQ.pdf

Edit: PS Note that there is only one 1.1 rulebook errata!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's mainly clarifications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
There are also a very few uncollected (as far as I know) bits of errata/corrections in rule forum threads for very minor errors, e.g. that hex H6 & hex G8 on map 1 are not water terrain (pretty obviously), despite their (erroneously) having a little bit of water art on them (so that by the rules as written, they should be water hexes) :

Basically CC (and Fighting Formations) have the lowest-errata rules I've seen for wargames of their complexity. Their quality somewhat spoiled me for other wargames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like errata.
Usually forget to check for them anyway.

I've been to busy collecting all sorts of other games and have not payed any attention to CC for a long time.

The reason for that is, that I was quick to recognise CC for the great game it is and at the time figured I'd first get my other games out of the way so I could fully concentrate on CC.

Unfortunatly I than got into some kind of hoarders mode and simply couldn't stop buying more and more games.....

Recently I decided I really have enough games and probably shouldn't buy more, but there was still the little matter of completing CC.

This means adding CC-med to CC-E so I'll have the complete game as intended.
And of course it didn't stop there as paratrooper, normandy and stalingrad seemed also vital for this 'completion'.

So last weekend I sat down to prepare the counter for the countertray.

I will admit suprise when I looked at the counters....
After all the teeny weeny counters in other war games, I'd forgotten how BIG CC counters are.

Haha, for a moment I even thought they'd made a mistake in CC med and included larger counters, so I went and checked my CC-E as I didn't remember them to be this big.

pleasantly surprised for sure.

Next mission trying to fit all in two counter trays so it'll fit in the box.
For now I've stuck the battle pack counter in baggies, as people advised me to do, as I don't fancy pre longed searches when I want to play.

These battle packs seem to contain mainly officer type persons and I'm curious to find out why that is.
But first I must get the items trayed.

Will I get the other battle packs aswell?
Not sure, I reckon my current collection of CC could keep me busy till the next century.

One thing I would be interested in is a book which has all the scenareos that appeared in Ci3 etc.
Trying to get all would be a reall money pit and given the choice I'd rather spend that on more games/ battle packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
huffman123 wrote:

Thanks Dan,

Really? only two pages [in large font] of errata?
Seems hardly worth mentioning.

Impressive for sure.

one of my recent buying fits rewarded me with fighting formations and I'm hoping that has a comparable quality.
As it is from the same designer I think it would be reasonable to expect it, but than CC has sort of spoiled us with quality and fun.

You know, some times, [too often really] you buy games that look great, but after one attempt to play, you find it doesn't work as should and you know it'll never hit your table again.... money wasted.

With CC however I felt forced to put it asside first, cause I simply know that once I really get into playing this, all my other games might aswell take a one way trip to the attic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
sagitar wrote:
one of my recent buying fits rewarded me with fighting formations and I'm hoping that has a comparable quality.
As it is from the same designer I think it would be reasonable to expect it, but than CC has sort of spoiled us with quality and fun.

I found FF & CC to both have unusually carefully well-written unambiguous rules indeed.

Note that when reading FF, you'll need to be alert to not carry in CC rule assumptions automatically; many FF & CC rules are similar, but some are significantly different, and it's easy to erroneously suppose that certain FF things work just like in CC merely because they're by the same author and written in similar style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Russ, will try not to make that mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.