Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Olivier
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is at least being cast as a rebel ship, do you think it's possible to run it as an imperial ship as well, since the Corellian corvette was primarily an imperial vessel?

I suppose since it's only intended for 'epic' play, it doesn't matter too much. Maybe create some imperial crew cards for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they want each ship/side to be a different experience and have their own strengths and weaknesses. If ships like the Tantive were usable by either side, that would be hardder to achieve that goal.

As Epic play would be kinda silly with out a large Imperial ship, I expect in the coming weeks they will release info on some Imperial big ships. Just don't be surprised if it's something from EU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Olivier
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all for EU, although I don't think I'll be able to afford any of these Huge ships anyway. The only thing is that most imperial ships were either fighters or too big for this game, with the exception of the corellian corvette, which was widely used on both sides.
Since huge ships aren't for tourneys, you could just play it as an imperial in just for fun games. I'd me more excited thematically about feilding Night Caller than the Tantive IV. I guess we'll have to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No other ship so far has been for both factions, I doubt we will see this in epic either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An Imperial Lancer Class Frigate would be a perfect counter to the Rebel Blockade Runner... well, maybe not "perfect" as it would have to be priced higher due to it lethality towards fighters, but size-wise, it'd be equal (and gorgeous!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
virferrorum wrote:
No other ship so far has been for both factions, I doubt we will see this in epic either.

Except for the DX9! There are three DX9 types, the Delta Squadron, the Oht Skorza's Commando transport (both imperials) and the "Rebel Yell" captured Dx9 in use by the rebels:

Ok, I know the DX9 is a custom 3D printable ship, but... so beautiful, love it since the PC games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree that it would have been a nice touch, and added a little extra bang-for-the-buck, if these huge ships could have been fielded by either side. But I guess they're going for a clear faction separation, and that's cool too.

The scale of these ships is already cheated a bit too much...adding a Star Destroyer would make the whole thing look a bit silly. It would have to be at least five or six times the size of the Corvette to even make it seem at all right, and even that would be clearly cheated. In movie-reality the Destroyers are what? Twenty times the length of a Corvette? Thirty? More? One clearly fits comfortably inside a Destroyer's bottom docking area.

I'm not saying they won't do it. In fact I bet they've got top men working on it right now, trying to figure out the scale of the thing. Or maybe they'll just say "Hey look over there!" and put out something the size of the Corvette and hope you don't notice.

They may need to tap the EU if they want a huge Imperial ship, and I personally wonder if EU ships sell as well as Movie ones...at a sixty dollar price point that might matter even more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.