Subject: 2R1B PBF#62: Explosion Time! (On hold) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Murph. You have to talk to me, Murph. I have to fix this, before I go.
badge
I'll keep it broken so you have to stay.
mbmbmbmbmb
This game will run: Sunday, March 16 - Friday, March 21
Signups will close on Sunday at 2:00PM BGG time. The game will start Sunday at 4:00pm BGG time.

Introduction
Two Rooms and a Boom is a social deduction, hidden role game. There are two teams, the Red Team and the Blue Team. The Blue Team has a President. The Red Team has a Bomber. Players are equally distributed between two rooms (separate playing areas). The game consists of 5 timed rounds. At the end of each round, some players will be traded into opposing rooms. If the Red Team’s Bomber is in the same room as the Blue Team's President at the end of the game, then the Red Team wins. Otherwise the Blue Team wins.

PBF Rules
See PBF rules on the wiki.

(flavor soon)

Signups
1. Kiwi13cubed
2. Borgoto
3. dxmify
4. Natsume
5. zeebo30
6. slinkydink
7. gn104236
8. namyzarc
9. Rynunes
10. maytheodds
11. mmazala
12. mowglee
13. rathstar
14. longlivesquare
15. dangermark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Role List
BLUE TEAM

Blue President - Princess Bubblegum

"As princess of candy kingdom, I'm in charge of a lot of candy people. They rely on me, I can't imagine what might happen to them when I was gone."

You are a primary character. Blue Team wins if you do not gain the "dead" condition.

Blue Doctor - Doctor Princess

"Whoa, Nelly! Something... medical is happening!"

when playing with the Doctor, the Blue Team has the following additional win condition: the President must card share with the Doctor before the end of the game or the Blue Team loses.

Blue Spy - Jake the Dog

"I'm the Ice King, and I'll never find a bride because I'm such a tool!"

This is a special character card that is the color of the opposite team. This means, for example, that the red Spy has an allegiance to the Red Team, but their card is blue.

Blue Psychologist - Finn the Human

"You don't need a mirror to know you look good. You're beautiful on the inside. Like... your brain and stuff!"

When you privately reveal your card to a character with the "shy" condition or the “coy” condition, that "shy" or “coy” character may then immediately card share with you, the Psychologist. If this is done, the "shy" and/or “coy” condition is removed. Furthermore, if someone with the “paranoid” condition card shares with you, the “paranoid” condition is removed.

Blue Paranoid - Flame Princess

"You told me you liked me, and you made my flame grow brighter, but then you put me out, which hurt!"

You begin with the "paranoid" condition. Players with the "paranoid" condition may only card share. Moreover, they may only card share once per game.

Blue Thug - Gumball Guardian

"Evil presence detected! Must defend!"

You have the THUG power: any player that card shares with you acquires the "coy" condition. Players with the "coy" condition may only color share even when a character's power might force a card share. Note: If a player with the "foolish" condition were to acquire the "coy" condition, the two conditions would cancel one another, leaving the player with neither condition.

Blue Negotiator - Lady Rainicorn

"Well, light travels from the sun. Then bounces off of our planet and then back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it."

You begin with the "savvy" condition. Players with the "savvy" condition may only card share. You may not publicly, privately, or color share. Note: it is possible for “savvy” players to acquire conditions that prevent card sharing (e.g. “coy”). If this happens, then the “savvy” player can no longer perform any of the 4 types of reveals (card share, color share, private reveal, or public reveal).

Blue Interrogator - Marceline the Vampire Queen

"I'm not mean. I'm a thousand years old, and I just lost track of my moral code."

You have the INTERROGATE power: once per round you may privately reveal to any player in the room and ask them a single yes/no question to which they must answer honestly. If they sincerely don’t know the answer to the question, then they should indicate such. When using the Interrogate ability, you must verbally announce to your target player, "I am using my Interrogate ability," as you privately reveal your card to them. Note: asking players about what they plan to do in the future is a waste of a question. Changing your plans doesn’t make you dishonest. It makes you fickle.

Blue Voyeur - Lumpy Space Princess

"I know you want this body, but you can't have it! YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!"

At any time, you may look at the sober card.

Blue Criminal - BMO

"What if I put some knuckle in your eyeballs? Would that help you think?"

You have the CRIMINAL power: any player that card shares with you gains the "shy" condition. Players with the "shy" condition may not reveal any part of their card to any player.

RED TEAM

Red Bomber - Lich

"I wish for the extinction of all life."

You are a primary character. Everyone in the same room as you at the end of the game gains the "dead" condition. The Red Team wins if the President gains the "dead" condition.

Red Engineer - Flame King

"She's an unstoppable force of destruction. Haaaaa! Nothing a psycho like you can't handle!"

When playing with the Engineer, the Red Team has the following additional win condition: the Bomber must card share with the Engineer before the end of the game or the Red Team loses.

Red Spy - Magic Man

"You know, believe it or not I'm not really a beggar, I'm actually a... MAGIC MAN!"

This is a special character card that is the color of the opposite team. This means, for example, that the red Spy has an allegiance to the Red Team, but their card is blue.

Red Psychologist - Ice King

"Marcy...? Oh, no... Uh, you're fine. Just a bit warm, but you should get some sleep. I mean, don't freak out or anything, but we need to get you some... chicken soup!"

When you privately reveal your card to a character with the "shy" condition or the “coy” condition, that "shy" or “coy” character may then immediately card share with you, the Psychologist. If this is done, the "shy" and/or “coy” condition is removed. Furthermore, if someone with the “paranoid” condition card shares with you, the “paranoid” condition is removed.

Red Paranoid - Lemongrab

"Twelve years dungeon. All of you. Dungeon. Seven years, no trials."

You begin with the "paranoid" condition. Players with the "paranoid" condition may only card share. Moreover, they may only card share once per game.

Red Thug - Death

“Those are the rules in the Land of the Dead, lose a music battle, lose your life”

You have the THUG power: any player that card shares with you acquires the "coy" condition. Players with the "coy" condition may only color share even when a character's power might force a card share. Note: If a player with the "foolish" condition were to acquire the "coy" condition, the two conditions would cancel one another, leaving the player with neither condition.

Red Negotiator – Cosmic Owl

Jake: "I had a croak dream, Finn! My croak dream!"
Finn: "For real? With the Cosmic Owl and everything?"

You begin with the "savvy" condition. Players with the "savvy" condition may only card share. You may not publicly, privately, or color share. Note: it is possible for “savvy” players to acquire conditions that prevent card sharing (e.g. “coy”). If this happens, then the “savvy” player can no longer perform any of the 4 types of reveals (card share, color share, private reveal, or public reveal).

Red Interrogator - Hunson Abadeer

"Alright! I got a joke too; what wears a dark suit, is completely evil and is about to suck out all your souls?"

You have the INTERROGATE power: once per round you may privately reveal to any player in the room and ask them a single yes/no question to which they must answer honestly. If they sincerely don’t know the answer to the question, then they should indicate such. When using the Interrogate ability, you must verbally announce to your target player, "I am using my Interrogate ability," as you privately reveal your card to them. Note: asking players about what they plan to do in the future is a waste of a question. Changing your plans doesn’t make you dishonest. It makes you fickle.

Red Voyeur – Party God

“Jake, you have won my favor for being a completely off-the-hook party dog! (howls)”

At any time, you may look at the sober card.

Red Criminal - Gunter

"Wack."

You have the CRIMINAL power: any player that card shares with you gains the "shy" condition. Players with the "shy" condition may not reveal any part of their card to any player.

NON RED/BLUE ROLES

Purple Drunk - Cinnamon Bun

"Okay. I'm gonna do it. Okay, okay, okay. Everyone watch! I'm gonna do a flip!"

this character card requires the following setup: before characters cards are dealt but after they are shuffled, randomly remove a character card. This is the sober character card. The sober card needs to be placed face down in a location that is easily accessible to all players, regardless of room locations (usually between the 2 play areas). The Drunk card is then placed into the deck of character cards. Reshuffle the character cards. At the beginning of the last round of the game, the Drunk player should replace their Drunk card with the sober card. The player assumes all powers and responsibilities associated with the sober character card. Note: the “sober” card is always cleansed when it is first retrieved, meaning it has no acquired conditions. The Sober card will not be a VIP (President/Bomber/Doctor/Engineer)

Grey team - Choose Goose

"I am Choose Goose. Come back for some juice! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

At some point during the game, before time expires in the final round, you must exchange your card for a Red Team card or a Blue Team card (done with the extra unused team cards). You now assume the allegiance of the team you chose. If you forget to exchange your card by the end of the game or if they are unable to, then they fail to win their objective.

Grey Maid - Starchie

"Princess? It's me, Starchie the Grave Digger. I brought you a larger corpse shovel. Princess? Well, I'll just wait for you here then, by the mausoleum, with my back turned and my defenses lowered."

You win if you are in the same room as the Butler and the President at the end of the game.

Grey Butler - Peppermint Butler

"Alright, all you guys are gross, how long have you been waiting to court the princess?"

You win if you are in the same room as the Maid and the President at the end of the game.

Grey Romeo - Mr. Pig

"When I see you, my heart beats like a choo choo train. When you stand near me, I get so nervous I cannot move."

You win if you are in the same room as Juliet and the Bomber at the end of the game

Grey Juliet - Tree Trunks

"We can snuggle through time and space, and kiss each other in an alternate dimensional plane."

You win if you are in the same room as Romeo and the Bomber at the end of the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Log
Round 1:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Nothing here yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2R1B PBF#62: Explosion Time! (Come on, boom your friends!)
Roles will be prioritized according to the following list:

1. Bomber/President
2. Engineer/Doctor
3. Red/Blue Spy
4. Red/Blue Paranoid
5. Red/Blue Psychologist
6. Red/Blue Criminal
7. Red/Blue Negotiator
------------ Current --------------
8. Red/Blue Interrogator
9. Romeo/Juliet/Maid/Butler
10. Red/Blue Thug
11. Purple Drunk
12. Red/Blue Voyeur

Grey Team will be added if the number of players is odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved just in case

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karafruit Villager-Thrower
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
please don't fluff my kiwifruits
mbmbmbmbmb
Why wouldn't I play a game my clone is modding?

IN!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
In!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis J. Underwood
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yessssss I'm in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
MATHEMATICAL! I'M IN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, well, let's be reasonable, I'll pass on that one, since I am not familiar with the theme, and I need to prepare my own game on the following week. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tentative role list is posted above. Currently 26 roles (or 25+a sober card), but I will add or subtract as signups come in. Please feel free to offer feedback on the roleset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Itai wrote:
Oh, well, let's be reasonable, I'll pass on that one, since I am not familiar with the theme, and I need to prepare my own game on the following week. cool

Understandable, but you will be missed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Hays
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
You are not two people. And you are not one person. You are an experience. Make sure you're a good experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
WHAT TIME IS IT???

TIme for Zeebo to join this game

I'm in!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nyd
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I swear I signed up for this yesterday....I'm in.

PS this is super well done I don't even watch this show (although I guess I should try) and I'm entertained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Normal namyzarc (that's an oxymoron)
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to say no to Adventure Time...

Count me in for this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Nunes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to get in on this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. Though I've never watched Adventure Time, I have friends who love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never heard of this show but sure sign me up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so y'all know, I'm basically an Adventure Time evangelist. If you don't all come out of this game wanting to watch the show, I haven't done my job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
mbmb
interessovat wrote:
Just so y'all know, I'm basically an Adventure Time evangelist. If you don't all come out of this game wanting to watch the show, I haven't done my job.

It should be easy now that everyone watches Regular Show after PBF #53. Right? ....right...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rathstar wrote:
interessovat wrote:

It should be easy now that everyone watches Regular Show after PBF #53. Right? ....right...?

Can I take this as a signup??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Alan. He can't say no to anything.

(ANYTHING.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.