Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Browsing Donald X.'s linked games, I found this. I don't usually enjoy Uno, but I'm very excited about any game that uses the "Donald X. Variety Mechanic" (provided in this case the Adventure tiles that differ each game).

It looks like the release date is "March 2014". Does that mean it'll be in brick-and-mortar stores any day now, or is that some sort of convention-only early release? I don't keep up on con schedules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
LastFootnote wrote:
Browsing Donald X.'s linked games, I found this. I don't usually enjoy Uno, but I'm very excited about any game that uses the "Donald X. Variety Mechanic" (provided in this case the Adventure tiles that differ each game).

It looks like the release date is "March 2014". Does that mean it'll be in brick-and-mortar stores any day now, or is that some sort of convention-only early release? I don't keep up on con schedules.

I don't have concrete information, but I think it was available at a con in France in mid-February, and I think it usually takes a month to cross the ocean. So, mid-March? I usually find out general release dates from Amazon; Amazon doesn't list it yet.

It's like Crazy 8's, but the deck has ten suits (in combinations) and no ranks, and you start with two rules and add one after every hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
I have never lost at Ascension nor Shards of Infinity.
badge
mbmbmb
I played this game repeatedly at PAX East. It's one of the most fun games I've played in a long time. The mechanics are easy to understand and it includes a "Fluxx-like" rule changing element in the game.

If you're a family gamer, this one is a no-brainer, IMO.

In terms of a release date, the Iello rep stated that it was the ship headed for the states. As such, I'd expect it to hit retail in the next month or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.