Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RIK FONTANA
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Want to be sure I'm reading it right: If I fire the Bombadier, it will roll 4 blue dice against all targets in the burst 2 radius? Considering that the equal-cost SlowPokes are 3 blue dice against just 1 target, and that these two units both cost 1 skull, seems like the bombadier is way stronger. Or am I misreading this?
Or perhaps this was to help out the Turtles who in general are weaker than the Kobolds? (Slower, generally less armor and the MOB ability is pretty handy).

Help appreciated....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are just some minions/denizens that are much better than others. I would advise checking out fen's fantastic guide for some more in-depth analysis.

One thing to note is that you don't roll four blue dice against all targets. You roll four blue dice and the results are applied against all four targets, who make their own defence rolls. You might know that but it's not clear from the way that it's written so just wanted to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rikolus wrote:
Want to be sure I'm reading it right: If I fire the Bombadier, it will roll 4 blue dice against all targets in the burst 2 radius? Considering that the equal-cost SlowPokes are 3 blue dice against just 1 target, and that these two units both cost 1 skull, seems like the bombadier is way stronger. Or am I misreading this?
Or perhaps this was to help out the Turtles who in general are weaker than the Kobolds? (Slower, generally less armor and the MOB ability is pretty handy).

Help appreciated....

The Slowpokes are mostly used to augment the attacks of the roller and crusher. Being in shell mode makes both of them much stronger.

The turtles are a bit more complicated than the Kobolds because it's more about positioning and timing than the group up and mob someone style.

Also the turtles all have at least 1 white armor and are immune to most applications of status effects, so they are slightly more durable than the Kobolds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.