Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last weekend I bought an unpunched copy of this game and, per Larry Bogucki's Errata & FAQ 1.2 for WARPARTY, I e-mailed Jim Crabtree a couple days ago to request the reprinted cards for this game. So hopefully the wheels are beginning to turn at LnL customer service.

I also have another card problem: The Tier 2 Monster Card "Hydra" is missing from my deck. I have instead a duplicate copy of the "Dragon" Tier 2 Monster Card. Mentioned this in my e-mail to Mr. Crabtree, so hopefully LnL will be able to help.

However, I'm scheduled to play this game on Saturday with my three kids, and would like to make a temporary fix. I have sleeved the cards, so would like to print out a card image to slip into the sleeve and cover up the extra dragon with a Hydra card image. Even a simple description of the hydra's stats would work, as I could print that out and insert in a sleeve.

My e-mail address is: dgeverett@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bogucki
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Donald,
I apologize that you got that duplicate card. I also apologize, because I need to update the errata. Jim is no longer with LNL.
Please email Dave at LNL at davidh@lnlpublishing.com to request the additional cards you need.

I'm traveling for work this week and I don't have access to my Warparty files on my work laptop. It is unlikely that you will encounter the Hydra as it is a tier 2 monster, and you will most likely be happy NOT to encounter it, since it is pretty much the scariest monster there is.
Off the top of my head here are the stats:
4 hits to kill, 4 attacks at 4(-1). 4(-1) defense. I might be off on one of the stats, but I believe that is what they are.
I will send you the file on Friday when I return home and again I apologize for this inconvenience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry is right. You will not likely enter any tier 2 dungeons and if you do there are plenty of other monsters to fight, so missing the card will not effect game play at all. The stats are 4 attacks at 4(-1); Defense 3(-1); 4 hits to kill. Reward 2-12 crowns, 1 tier 1 treasure card, 1 tier 2 treasure card. Larry did pretty good from memory. I will let Larry send you a scan of the card. He is always on top of things!

Enjoy Warparty!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give you better chance of pulling a Griffin or black knight card. Way easier tier 2 monsters ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, for the support and encouragement! Will definitely contact Dave at LnL about help with the cards.

I am still amazed that this game has somehow escaped my notice until now. Two weekends ago, I took my 16-year-old son and 14-year-old daughter to our FLGS to check out the new-in-stock games. My son spotted WARPARTY on the store's "used games" case and carried it all the way across the store for me to check out.

A quick read of the bottom of the game box intrigued me--just as it had my son. We gently removed the lid and were very pleased with the game's beautiful components, which were like 80% unpunched--with the cards still in shrinkwrap even! We skimmed the rules and all agreed that this one looked like a blast to play. One swipe of the credit card later, we were on our way home, with WARPARTY riding in the seat next to my daughter.

That Saturday, my daughter and I spent an enjoyable evening snapping apart the colorful cardboard counters (they're huge!) and sleeving all of the cards. My task this week has been to familiarize myself with the rules and FAQ, etc. My 24-year-old son will be joining us this Saturday for a session, and the four of us are really looking forward to our first game together.

I frequent BoardGameGeek to stay informed of games I'm likely to find interesting, but somehow I managed to miss hearing about this one. WARPARTY is the first "surprise find" of this sort I have made in MANY years. Thanks, Larry, for creating this game!

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It is unlikely that you will encounter the Hydra as it is a tier 2 monster, and you will most likely be happy NOT to encounter it, since it is pretty much the scariest monster there is.

"Hydra, schmydra" sniffs my hero, Horgle. (Personally, I think his bravery borders on foolhardiness.)

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I'm printing up proxy cards for Hydra, Major Tome, Boots of Speed, etc. Just need one more bit of data: What is the XP reward for defeating Hydra? I'm guessing about the same as the Dragon (35 XP), but want to get the exact number if I can.

Thanks!

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dgeverett wrote:
Alright, I'm printing up proxy cards for Hydra, Major Tome, Boots of Speed, etc. Just need one more bit of data: What is the XP reward for defeating Hydra? I'm guessing about the same as the Dragon (35 XP), but want to get the exact number if I can.

Thanks!

-Donald

Sorry! 45xp reward!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bogucki
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don,
I'm sorry I haven't sent you the image yet. Logging off for bed right now, but will send it tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did your Saturday game go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a great time yesterday evening! In summary, my sons (controlling the forces of evil) defeated my daughter and me. The dwarves and humans learned an unfortunate lesson about the power of the wizard teleport spell!

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bogucki
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Donald,
I just sent that file to you. Sorry I didn't have to you quicker. Was traveling on business all week.
Yes, spells and heroes can be very potent when used properly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Larry. I have received your e-mail. Much appreciate your support for this game, and enjoyed playing it for the first of what I'm sure will be many times.

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A belated "Thank You" to Darren and LnL customer service. Last week I received a "Hydra" card, as well as all the reprint cards. My copy is now perfect! I will be looking for any expansions for this game if/when they become available.

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.