• [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all.

Anyone have any experience with the PC versions of the game?

I would think that for solitaire minded folks the PC versions would be far more challenging than any "paper" AI could offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
Thanks all.

Anyone have any experience with the PC versions of the game?

I would think that for solitaire minded folks the PC versions would be far more challenging than any "paper" AI could offer.

I have playtested both the PC version and the Solo expansion. In my experience, the board game A.I. is actually better than the PC game A.I.

I don't think I can heap enough praises on the solo expansion. I haven't played any other solo board game that comes as close to feeling like you're playing against a real opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
btrhoads
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify for those that may not be aware of the difference, by original version, means the base game second edition. If you have the first edition there will be some missing map icons and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
btrhoads wrote:
Just to clarify for those that may not be aware of the difference, by original version, means the base game second edition. If you have the first edition there will be some missing map icons and such.

True. The 2nd Edition base game is ideal, although it can be played with the original base game with only very minor tweaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
btrhoads wrote:

True. The 2nd Edition base game is ideal, although it can be played with the original base game with only very minor tweaking.

I thought they changed it so you don't need to have the second edition (I thought the unit icons only mattered). Will the firefights tell us where the icons are that matter? Or will there be a way we can add them? I'm not going to drop money on a second edition of a game where my first edition is still in great condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently a couple of the latest firefights Uwe has made for the expansion use some units that are just in 2nd edition, so there would be one or two firefights that you couldn't play, or you could proxy counters for the ones you don't have.

Also, the counters are a different texture than the 1st edition counters, and there are times where you mix in units and "Not a unit" counters into a cup and draw out of the cup. If playing 1st Ed, you just need to use other non-unit counters instead of the expansion counters, but you do need to tweak t hings a little bit - no change in actual gameplay though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Star
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the expansion provide any solo firefights for PoH or SoS? How about future content like Guadalcanal - will they come with these updated firefights?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.