Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
United States
Lakewood
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I just got this game (haven't had a chance to play it yet, unboxed it and read the rules tonight). It seems like a fairly complex game overall, but if taken in chunks it should be fine. I only have the base game, so rule clarifications should be specifically for the base game.

1) Dual Roles: is it possible for a player to be both Admiral and President?

2) Multiple Cylon Tokens: if I am a cylon from the start, and I get a second cylon token later on, how do I get a second cylon on my team?

3) Along the lines of #2, is it possible that both cylons (in a 5- or 6-player game) will know at the start of the game or won't find out until half-way through that they are cylons?

4) Nukes: Is using a nuke considered an action? I'm assuming yes, just clarifying.

5) Skill Cards: Do you only receive skill cards on your turn? I'm assuming yes, just clarifying.

6) FTL Jumps: It says that all ships are removed. Am I correct in assuming this includes cylon ships, and thus you are no longer in combat? Am I also correct in assuming that centurions stay on board until they are destroyed by the armory?

7) Choices and Secrecy: As an example, destination cards. Does the admiral reveal the options available, or does he just show the chosen destination?

I'll probably have more after my first playthrough, but these should really help me out moving towards that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
skribs15 wrote:
I just got this game (haven't had a chance to play it yet, unboxed it and read the rules tonight). It seems like a fairly complex game overall, but if taken in chunks it should be fine. I only have the base game, so rule clarifications should be specifically for the base game.

Yes, but not initially usually, unless you have 3 players and no political leader (see another post). Game effects may change the title holder.

Quote:
2) Multiple Cylon Tokens: if I am a cylon from the start, and I get a second cylon token later on, how do I get a second cylon on my team?

See Resurrection ship action. You can give the loyalty card to another player on your next turn after revealing. Note that you need not change your super crisis card, it's optional.

Quote:

3) Along the lines of #2, is it possible that both cylons (in a 5- or 6-player game) will know at the start of the game or won't find out until half-way through that they are cylons?

Yes.

Quote:
4) Nukes: Is using a nuke considered an action? I'm assuming yes, just clarifying.

Yes.

Quote:
5) Skill Cards: Do you only receive skill cards on your turn? I'm assuming yes, just clarifying.

Usually yes, but some game effects may give you skill cards (ie. you're given Executive Order and use Consolidate Power to draw 2 skill cards).

Quote:
6) FTL Jumps: It says that all ships are removed. Am I correct in assuming this includes cylon ships, and thus you are no longer in combat? Am I also correct in assuming that centurions stay on board until they are destroyed by the armory?

Yes.

Quote:
7) Choices and Secrecy: As an example, destination cards. Does the admiral reveal the options available, or does he just show the chosen destination?

He privately selects the destination and puts the discarded destination to the bottom of the destination deck and only reveals the chosen destination.

Quote:
I'll probably have more after my first playthrough, but these should really help me out moving towards that.

Have fun! But don't fret if you make mistakes during the game. I've played a lot and we still might make a mistake here and there in the heat of the game.

(Edit: Answer 1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes. Feel free to invent nicknames like "admiral"or "supreme leader."

2. Reveal asap using either card and show only that card. Next turn use the action at the resurrection ship to pass your other card.

3. Yes. Even if you do know you're a Cylon, especially if the other has revealed, you can cause distrust among the humans not revealing.

4. Yes, note that admiral card has an action printed on it. Note also that if you got this used or it is otherwise very old, there may be errata for the die roll. The back of the rulebook is right in any case.

5. You only get the ones printed on your character sheet during your receive skills step at the start of turn while human (Cylons have a similar step get any 2 cards regardless color).

6. Yes to both

7. Any time you get to look at a hidden card, like destinations or scouting the crisis deck, you look the card in secret make your decision your own without saying anything about the card/s, then after you have chosen may optionally make vague statements about the card/other, such as "it was too short" "it was too hard" "I didn't think we could pass (e.g. a crisis)" or "Joe's a Cylon" (if given the ability to see a loyalty card). You can't say "it required 3 fuel" or "it would lose morale" or "Joe's got the ability to damage Galactica". Note that statements need NOT be true :-)

[edit: typos, punctuation]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 3p game, if you have Adama, Starbuck, and Galen, Adama outranks all others on both titles, so he'll start off as "pradmiral".

Note: ranks are for all chars considered across all 4 sets, but the comparison still stands for just the base game, as all you care about are the rank #s themselves.

adm pres.
Adama 2 11
Starbuck 11 25
Galen 16 13

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Rudd
England
Bideford
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
skribs15 wrote:

Not only is it possible, one character's ability set requires it to be possible. (Look at the "Saul Tigh" character card, specifically his once-per-game ability.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.