Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Bailey
United States
West valley
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as hard as I try, I cant talk my wife into letting me get a newer device to run the software. shake I know they are allowing us to back out in this case, but I figured Ill let someone take over my order if they are kicking themselves for not backing this one.

I am in the "Lancer" level. This comes with the base game + one of each fig (including Limited edition elite ones [48 figs in all]) + Kickstarter exclusives + tile sets 1-2 and usb adapter and a $30 credit for the app upon launch.

If you are interested I can hand over my Backer Central account so you can update shipping details and so on...

There were only 2 tiers above mine. One that gives a beta test, and one that adds you to the game universe.

EDIT: It is sold...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Crago
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A sad sad day...
That is a sad thing indeed. I'm sure you put up a valiant effort. Hopefully someone takes advantage of it as the Lancer pledge definitely was a good option and what I held on to myself until making a jump up a notch right at the end

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a bummer, sorry to hear it - but very good of you to offer your pledge here!

If anyone is curious, the full list of items included is in the $375 column of this graphic from the KS.

Hopefully one day you'll get a new device and be able to join in the game - maybe by then we'll have remote play? *fingers crossed*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bailey
United States
West valley
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I guess the price helps... the base price was $375, but I think with the 2 map sets and usb adapter im out a total of $420. The extra $30 credit is a free bonus!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you have a cellphone, have you looked into upgrading to a bluetooth 4 capable smartphone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bailey
United States
West valley
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, but I don't go into debt for anything, and I have a no contract plan with T mobile, so a new smartphone, Ipad etc.. would cost the same

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Yohe
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Same problem, here. They said there'd be an adapter, and then backed out on it after I pledged. I'm not going to pay $300 for a new device just to play a $50 game. I have a Samsung Note 2 which apparently doesn't have the required bluetooth technology.

This is such a huge bummer. I was really looking forward to playing this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
superfierostatus wrote:
I have a Samsung Note 2 which apparently doesn't have the required bluetooth technology.

are you talking about the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone? Because if so, the required Bluetooth tech IS in the phone...your service provider probably just has it disabled.

What network are you running on? If it's Sprint, you should have an update to Android 4.4 available (either automatically or you may need to contact them to "push" it to you) which would enable the Low Energy tech.

If it's not Sprint, you might try Omni Rom, which is relatively easy to set up, and has been confirmed working well with the beta version of the app. If you check out http://www.eretsu.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3923 it's discussed in the thread, and there's folks on that board (the guy who started the thread also started the board) who can provide more details if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
superfierostatus wrote:
I'm not going to pay $300 for a new device

I paid $125 for a used Dell Venue 8. The new Asus MeMO pad sells for $130 on Amazon. I've seen people post about a $70 tablet from Best Buy that works with the game. You shouldn't need to spend $300.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yunatwilight wrote:
I'm disappointed too. My Nook HD+ should have everything that's required to work, but ... apparently it's listed as incompatible. I've been scouring the 'Net and finding no information as to why, or if the problem is fixable.

It looks like the Nook HD is Android 4.0 (and probably a heavily customized version). Has the OS been upgraded (GA requires Android 4.3 as that version can take advantage of the Bluetooth Low Energy spec)?

Quote:
Even if I could get my Nook to work, Google Play marks my device as incompatible so I couldn't download the software anyway.

Another player has been posting the apk file here... https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/11172484841858777735...

Quote:
This is seriously disappointing, and I wish they'd made this a little clearer. I wouldn't have pledged almost half a grand for something I can't use

There are lots of good options for tablets that run around $100. I picked up a used Dell Venue 8 off of Amazon for $125. Asus has also released the new MeMO pad and Amazon has that for $130 (make sure you get the new one... they're all called MeMO!).

Edit... interesting. It looks as if Barnes & Noble has released a new Nook, the Galaxy Tab 4 Nook. It's a Galaxy Tab 4 with a Nook skin on the OS, but the hardware is the same. I have the Tab 4 and it runs GA without any problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bluestacks unfortunately is still using an old version of Android as well, 4.1 I believe. Alternatively, HBS has estimated PC support by sometime in October (although that may require built-in bluetooth, rather than a bluetooth adapter).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol... Yeah, I suppose its all perspective. I didn't flinch at "another $100" considering the secondary market price of some Heroclix figures. I can easily get that back selling 2 figs! :-p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.