Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm watching the Demigod campaign with interest at the moment. The minis are interesting and the rules are... complex.

The question is, do I really need this if I already have krosmaster? I see Demigods rules as being a lot more detailed but to the point that they seem a little bit too complex. That is where krosmaster comes out top, it is very easy to learn and play.

Also, Demigods has the awesome bit of having all the figures already included and removes the need for chasing down rare krosmaster figures and the constant need for expansion packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Up to you. It will really just come down to theme. Krosmaster's theme is really unique and pretty adorable. Demigods is typical fantasy; nothing really special about it at all.

Plus, let's be honest, the female models are pretty ridiculously sexist. That's not something we should be supporting anymore.

As for expansion packs, they'll certainly keep adding figures if they sell. It won;t be any different from Krosmaster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://bromancing-the-stone.tumblr.com/post/78131025980/rosa... (warning! not work appropriate!)

That' how I kind of feel about this whole "sexism" thing. I mean, too each his own. If a women feels empowered by dressing a certain way, she should just go for it. If a miniature is thin, fat, strong, weak, sexy, ugly... these all exist and people should feel free to buy the miniatures they feel like. And parents should buy toys for their kids that they feel good about. As to what an ideal woman looks like? Didn't shakespeare say something like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"?

As to this game, I think the miniatures are amazing! I think the game is well thought out, with pre-created pledges that will support the funding of this game in terms of manufacture and delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

Plus, let's be honest, the female models are pretty ridiculously sexist. That's not something we should be supporting anymore.

How about we support them for everything else?
Who ever said that pledging for this game supports the way that the female image is portrayed

BTW, did you ever notice the krosmaster girls dancing around in boob tubes and bikinis? Oh look, the Queen of Tofus has her breasts hanging out shake

ANYWAYS

I would like to focus on the game play and rules when comparing this to krosmaster. Let's leave out the rest aye?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david rodriguez
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi!
I am a tester Rising Demigods and I have the Krosmaster Arena, and several Frigost Expansion Packs. To say that I am only one tester and I have nothing to do with the creator.
Now come to the point, we are both games of mismo.tipo but Demigods is more complete and covers more. It may seem more difficult and complicated, but it only seems, I assure you, in three games can learn the basics to play, the rest is tactics and wit. The first item you should only use rules to move and attack, would you include in a second match the skills and powers, and the third one starting finalmente.en letters Demigods. I assure you as a tester in three games and by adding rules that I learn the main thing. As for the style of the figures, Krosmaster is more fun and childish, but Demigods is awesome! Furthermore, the authors have decided to tweak the figures of women to give more consistent look with the war coming .. lol!
I hope you have served my opinion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the input David

Much appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Fifty-Seven
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

Ah but sex sells remember ?

Women have been into prostitution for 100's of years so based on the 'olden / fantasy times' when this was set, be glad they got some clothes on!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pha3drus wrote:
http://bromancing-the-stone.tumblr.com/post/78131025980/rosa... (warning! not work appropriate!)

That' how I kind of feel about this whole "sexism" thing. I mean, too each his own. If a women feels empowered by dressing a certain way, she should just go for it. If a miniature is thin, fat, strong, weak, sexy, ugly... these all exist and people should feel free to buy the miniatures they feel like.

Setting aside the question of the validity of that argument (which it's worth noting is originally a woman's on her tumblr here -- http://rosalarian.tumblr.com/post/78124344560/feminism-is-ha...), do you not get that it's talking about real, live, living breathing women who are making choices (within incredibly fraught contexts, to be sure), not carved figurines designed for the gazes of those in a corner of a niche hobby occupied overwhelmingly by men, and that there's kind of a crucial difference there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OH FOR GOODNESS SAKES

STAY ON TOPIC

Game people, talk about the damn game!
and no, the look of females is not the game.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Fernando Mateo Gonzalez
Spain
Humanes de Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
Hi , i played both game Krosmaster and Demigods (i´m spanish tester)
i have to say that if like type games how krosmaster, this go to like a lot more, have a complete system of rules (easy to learn) more complete than krosmaster

miniatures of krosmaster are cartoons chibi style, demigods are fantasy style.

now all depend what you like, but im sure if you like krosmaster type game, demigods is a good choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
watched a bit of the video.

lotsa lotsa rules. and calculations.

Still not sure about pledging yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milos Pavlovic
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
The game is in the final stages of preparations for the relaunch. We are working on a new gameplay and pitch videos ATM. Proofreading is in progress. If all goes well we should go live in about 2 weeks. Game has been polished and streamlined, drop by and take a look.
You can check preview link here:
http://goo.gl/ClXJ2E
Feel free to tell us what you think.
Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.