Popular Tags: [View All]
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Per banner on http://www.printerstudio.com use code WELOVE2 for free worldwide shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Printer's Studio] Free worldwide shipping
Does anybody know if they print playing mats? It can be cloth I don't mind. I'm looking to get something made as a play area for Star Wars X-Wing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Demon Jim wrote:
Does anybody know if they print playing mats? It can be cloth I don't mind. I'm looking to get something made as a play area for Star Wars X-Wing.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone's running through this, feel free to share your creations here: Printerstudio Sharing Project

Because Sharing means Caring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It may be worth pointing out that this code expires tomorrow (around the end of the day, PST).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barth
United States
Aurora
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
using files from the games page, i added ...and then, we held hands. to the share list. i'd love if someone could test it to see what happens. Any issues I'll try to address. I should be ordering it today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I was pretty disappointed with the quality of the cards and would not order from Printer Studio again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
I was pretty disappointed with the quality of the cards and would not order from Printer Studio again.

Wow, really? In almost every comparison thread Printer Studio has been pretty much universally preferred over ArtsCow.

How long ago was your order and which cardstock and finish did you choose?

What exactly did you find disappointing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Demon Jim wrote:

I want to know the answer to this as well, for exactly the same reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
A few weeks ago. Er....poker size, linen finish? I quite honestly found their options list confusing as hell so its a challenge to clearly state what i ordered.

I had the Game of Thrones HBO version decks printed, with some Coin Age maps.

Card print quality is acceptable, but not great. The problem is none of the cards sit flat. They warp and warp and warp some more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
A few weeks ago. Er....poker size, linen finish? I quite honestly found their options list confusing as hell so its a challenge to clearly state what i ordered.

Card print quality is acceptable, but not great. The problem is none of the cards sit flat. They warp and warp and warp some more.

Did you complain? I've heard their customer service is pretty solid. They'll probably send replacements free of charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
sdrewthomson wrote:
Demon Jim wrote:

If you need to know the answer so badly, you might want to check out their website...

Now that I made my point, I'll help out by saying that, no, I don't think they do. I may have missed that product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Artscow is firing a shot back at Printer's Studio:

Artscow FREE SHIPPING on All Items, no Min Purchase - Ends 3/8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Ruhe
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:

Sorry to hear this. I've had three mini card decks printed to date and they are all incredibly nice. Contact them, I'm sure they will take care of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
sdrewthomson wrote:
Demon Jim wrote:

If you need to know the answer so badly, you might want to check out their website...

Now that I made my point, I'll help out by saying that, no, I don't think they do. I may have missed that product.

I did check out the site and didn't see anything, so I posted on here in case I missed it and because sometimes websites sell things that are buried deep within the site. Basically a second opinion to confirm mine.

Hmmm Artscow fired back. I think I'll check to see what they have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Demon Jim wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
sdrewthomson wrote:
Demon Jim wrote:

I did check out the site and didn't see anything, so I posted on here in case I missed it and because sometimes websites sell things that are buried deep within the site. Basically a second opinion to confirm mine.

Hmmm Artscow fired back. I think I'll check to see what they have.

Looks like they sell mats, but not in the size we're looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:

Did you use Randy_Watson's link from the Printerstudio Sharing Project geeklist? If so, they were poker size, smooth finish. I had essentially those same cards printed (I created the link with the Stannis deck) and mine turned out great. Slight curve to the cards, but you frequently see a slight curve with cards from publishers as well. And mine haven't continued to warp at all. Ironically, I did have to have some cards from the actual game replaced because the finish was messed up.

Personally, out of ten decks ranging from 54 to 216 cards, I've never had a problem with anything I've had printed. But I know people who have, and they've said that customer service is more than willing to reprint decks if you're not hapy with them for any reason. Give them a call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Geusebroek
Canada
St Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:

Here are my "sample size of 1, maybe 2" results, with pictures!

Of my last order of 300+ cards, I have had one card that warped to the point of being unacceptable.

This one card is warped a lot more than the card right next to it in the bundle.

I would say that one is very much ok.

Both those cards are smooth finish.

By comparison, here is a linen finish card I had made half a year ago.

And finally, a comparison to a mass produced, professional, official card. They must do something different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that have gotten stuck with badly warped cards, I've had decent success with ironing with a bit of steam under a towel and then letting the card cool under a heavy book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only recently begun having problems with the print image. My cards have a lot of white spots where ink is missing. These were the linen finish bridge cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.E. Pennypacker
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Horror Leader wrote:
I've only recently begun having problems with the print image. My cards have a lot of white spots where ink is missing. These were the linen finish bridge cards.

I have problems with white spots on my linen deck too. Did you contact them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
H E Pennypacker wrote:
Horror Leader wrote:

I have problems with white spots on my linen deck too. Did you contact them?

No I did not contact them. I ended up going over them with a fine sharpie. Not the most elegant solution but these happened to be a test run of an abstract design I'm working on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.