Popular Tags: [View All]
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I lost the MYTH KS because I didn't get a international credit card in time. But I heard that will be another KS for a new expansion anytime this year.
IS this for real? It would be so nice if they add the base game aswell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
Last I heard it will be in September or October I think. I may be off a little
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like there will be, and I'm sure that they will have an option to add the original game in. The original shipment has been delayed though which has pushed back their new Kickstarter for MERCS Recon so the expansion may be pushed a little too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RiderPestilence wrote:
Last I heard it will be in September or October I think. I may be off a little

Brian said August/September.

I'll copy and paste a reply I made on a similar topic:
It's speculation mostly based off of Brian's comments in Kickstarter updates. They're not in the updates themselves, but within the comment sections of the updates.

Comments from Update #88 (Brian's comments on KS):
Quote:
Creator MERCS Miniatures 1 day ago
@Anthony I'll post the pic of the back of the Syclopt boss next week.
We are roughly scheduling the Myth expansions to go up on KS end of Aug/beginning of September.

Quote:
Donnchadh is KS only. When, and if, we do another Myth KS we can offer Donnchadh as an add-on, but he won't be available at retail.

This is a comment from Endevor who is doing some of the translation for Myth:
Quote:
Brian may kill me for that but last time i heard there will be 2 medium sized expansions for the KS

There is a lot of discussion on the "Exclusive to this campaign" vs "Exclusive to Kickstarter" discussion here:
http://www.landsofmyth.com/Forum/index.php?topic=550.0

Also of note, the Recon Kickstarter will be starting soon, and apparently there will be crossover with Myth items (Brian's comments on KS):
Quote:
We actually think it is the most wise time to do it. @Tasker We'll see. @Roland Actually there will be some Myth crossover stuff in the Recon KS. So the answer is yes, from a certain point of view.

Quote:
@Joshua Well I don't think you will be too pleased. I can guarantee the KS starts after shipments have started leaving, but before many will have been delivered (though it will be still going on when you receive your shipment). AND I have already stated there will be Myth content in Recon.

In summary:
- They're aiming for August/September to run a Kickstarter for a Myth expansion.

- At least some of the exclusives are considered "Kickstarter Exclusive" and not "Campaign Exclusive", most notably Donnchadh. In his particular case, it makes a lot of sense since they want to develop his character more in future expansions and add more items related to him. If the character isn't available, then it is pointless for new backers.

- There is no decisive word on the other Kickstarter exclusives, but it is more of a gut feeling that most of it will be available in future campaigns....although I wouldn't be surprised if Twilight Knight is completely exclusive to this campaign.

- The new Recon Kickstarter (which may launch next Wednesday), will feature some Myth crossover items...unsure whether that will be exclusive or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being a ocd completionist I'd be a bit bummed if there is crossover stuff that you have to buy recon to get.
Now, if there's a pledge level for myth backers to get the crossover bits then hell yeah.

Not that I'm against recon.
It's sounds awesome
But I'm tapped out.
And I still need to save for the closing of the AvP manager next month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
- The new Recon Kickstarter (which may launch next Wednesday), will feature some Myth crossover items...unsure whether that will be exclusive or not.

I'm also not a fan of this. I'm not against crossover items per se, but I know I'm not going to be able to afford to back Recon but don't want to miss out on items for Myth. It's a bit of a strange crossover too because they're not really related (one being fantasy, the other being sci-fi).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:

I'm also not a fan of this. I'm not against crossover items per se, but I know I'm not going to be able to afford to back Recon but don't want to miss out on items for Myth. It's a bit of a strange crossover too because they're not really related (one being fantasy, the other being sci-fi).

Yeah...

I'm biting my tongue until I see what the details are...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:

Quote:
We are roughly scheduling the Myth expansions to go up on KS end of Aug/beginning of September.

With the start of Recon pushed back and the delays they've already experienced with Myth, I would assume this does get pushed back later though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkymadigan wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:

Quote:

With the start of Recon pushed back and the delays they've already experienced with Myth, I would assume this does get pushed back later though.

Agreed.
If current standards are any indication, they won't start myth two until recon is ready to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:

The Trickster is a MERC stuck in Myth. His armor is of the CCC Yellowjackets. I have no clue where I read it (so it may be a figment of my imagination) but I'm pretty sure I've seen Brian indicate that there would be rules in MERCS made available for the Trickster. All this to say - crossovers already exist. I wouldn't be shocked to see MegaCon offer a character in Recon that's usable in Myth but make the cards free PnP on their website to allow you to proxy the character (leaving the mini to be the exclusive).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:

The Trickster is a MERC stuck in Myth. His armor is of the CCC Yellowjackets. I have no clue where I read it (so it may be a figment of my imagination) but I'm pretty sure I've seen Brian indicate that there would be rules in MERCS made available for the Trickster. All this to say - crossovers already exist. I wouldn't be shocked to see MegaCon offer a character in Recon that's usable in Myth but make the cards free PnP on their website to allow you to proxy the character (leaving the mini to be the exclusive).

A good indication may be by seeing how that character is treated in MERCS, such as if they'll sell the mini or just provide stats.

Anyway, we won't be able to know for sure until the Recon kickstarter gets going. No use speculating now. And, I'm sure they'll let us know how it'll work (what we'll have access to without backing, etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Snyder
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope if a Myth character does appear in the Mercs RECON KS that it'll be made available to anyone willing to buy it. My guess is it'll be similar to the tricksters in Myth as those two are playable in Mercs RECON and Myth.

I wouldn't give much credibility to the two Myth expansions if RECON wasn't launching with two boxes. I know some details about an expansion but not two, so this is thrilling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:

This doesn't make crossovers any more palatable! I'm not a fan of the Trickster crossover either! I would much rather that they keep the games (and the promos) distinct from one another.

kraasn wrote:
I hope if a Myth character does appear in the Mercs RECON KS that it'll be made available to anyone willing to buy it. My guess is it'll be similar to the tricksters in Myth as those two are playable in Mercs RECON and Myth.

This would be better. A Myth promo only pledge like the kind that was offered in Wrath of Kings for Zombicide (although that was a terrible crossover) and Relic Knights for SDE (if you knew about it!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Fink
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap, i get over 145 minis and a hell of stuff and then an expansion already...AAAHRG...i need a win in the lottery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:

This doesn't make crossovers any more palatable! I'm not a fan of the Trickster crossover either! I would much rather that they keep the games (and the promos) distinct from one another.

I vehemently disagree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacq L
New Zealand
flag msg tools
What are YOU lookin at?
badge
poof
mbmbmbmbmb
Bleck. Theme is super important to me in a game and the RECON is, unfortunately, firmly in the realm of ew-bleck-YAWN.

I'll probably kick in $5 or whatever regardless, because I like the company. If there's a pretty low-level pledge with Myth stuff maybe I'll get in on it. But honestly, crossover with something so drastically different (in terms of theme) is a huge turnoff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
I vehemently disagree.

As is your right. Not asking everybody to agree with me.

Jacqland wrote:
But honestly, crossover with something so drastically different (in terms of theme) is a huge turnoff.

My thinking exactly. I actually like the look of Recon as I like sci-fi stuff too and if I could afford to back I probably would. But even so I don't like the crossover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.