Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The prototype rules for launching a zeppelin make it clear that you can launch more than one but the setup instructions explicitly show exactly 2 card outlines in the "spaces for zeppelins" area.

In my first game I assumed a player could only have 2 zeppelins in play at a time but it felt like managing extra zeppelins in the hand was frustrating. While I was thinking about the experience, I noticed that since you can't purge when you buy a zeppelin and you can't purge a zeppelin, buying zeppelins felt weak-- that made me think I had the rules wrong.

Is there any limit to the number of zeppelins that can be in a players armada at any one time?

If not, the rules should do away with the card outlines in the "spaces for zeppelins" part of the layout in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no limit to how many Zeppelins can be in an Armada at one time. The illustration showing two spaces is just to roughly indicate where the Zeppelins should go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Hicks
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We're likely to keep the outlines. A read of the rules text should make it clear there's not a limit. Limits are usually spelled out, not just left to be implied only in a diagram.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex R
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Four: Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Bonham and John Paul Jones...lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We talked about making a Lead Zeppelin...but it just didn't fly!laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.