8 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Help with HB FA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to make a HB deck. I am always hearing about how good HB FA can be but other then sansan I don't see what other cards or combos are required. Can anyone help me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Read this entire thread. Subscribe to it. Play the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First thing you need is as many 3/2 (2 points, 3 advancements needed) agendas. So 3x Accelerated Beta Test, 3x Project Vitruvius. Fill with some 4/2s and 3/1 (Efficiency Committee, Director Haas' Pet Project, Gila Hands Arcology etc).

Now you need the fast advance engine. Basic pieces: Biotic Labor and either Trick of Light (then you need some advanceable ice) or SanSan City Grid. Recur pieces with Archived Memories and Jackson Howard. Add economy and ice (remember that you want mainly taxing ice, not hard end the run, as you will not be building scoring remotes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
spags wrote:

That deck is pretty solid. I would define the "template" of an HB Fast Advance deck as follows:

Obvious
3x Jackson Howard - Until he's banned everyone is going to play at least 2 of him. I always assume the corp has 3.

Agendas
3x Accelerated Beta Test
3x Project Vitruvius
3x Some crappy 4/2 agenda (generally Efficiency Committee)
2x 3/1 Agendas. I prefer Gila Hands. Others go 1x Gila and 1x Director Haas Pet Project

Fast Advancing
3x SanSan (historically people played 2, but I think that most competitive decks now run 3)
3x Biotic Labor ($6 lets you install an agenda, play biotic, and advance it 3 times)
3x Trick of Light For a while this was an alternative to SanSan...
?x Archived Memories - I like to bring my biotics back if I run out. Others prefer more ice.

Economy
3x Hedge Fund
6x Other economy (Green Level / Adonis / Eve / Melange)
?x Shipment From SanSan - combos well with efficiency committee, but means you don't get to run ice wall or wraparound.

Ice
16-20 pieces of ice
3x Ice Wall is common as your last 3 influence.
Generally - cheap end the run ice. I don't like the mixture in the linked deck and prefer to have more variety because I fear the Atman.

My current mix:
1x ichi 2.0
2x ichi 1.0
1x grim
2x roto turret
1x hudson (hudson is boss!)
1x datapike
1x enigma
1x viper
3x eli
3x icewall
1x wall of static
1x heimdall 1.0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there are a few general variations of HBFA. Tax, Destroy programs, and a hybrid of those 2.

The one Spags linked is all out Prog Trash with some Asset taxing. Notice no clickable ICE, this is to prevent any accessing of servers. One key program trash can be all this deck needs to push out agendas.

Some HBFA can use Bioroid ICE to break down runner efficiency. It takes a little bit longer to set up, can be a little vulnerable early game, but can be very powerful in the mid-late game.

Trick of light can be used effectively, but I think its more difficult than using SanSan.

Some people like archived memories, some don't. I always wanted more ICE, and do all my recursion with Jackson.

This will always be a competitive build. HB is amazing, the most versatile faction IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Nords3x4 wrote:
This will always be a competitive build.

I hope that Lukas and Damon don't take this to be a challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain_Frisk wrote:
Nords3x4 wrote:

Hehe, I suspect they would want as many competitive deck types as possible. HBFA has the ability to dictate pace and impose it's will. Any deck that can effectively do this will always be strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain_Frisk wrote:
Nords3x4 wrote:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
-Lukas and Damon XOXOXO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.