Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Gindlesperger
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...just wondering if there's any news yet.

I see in previous posts that VPG has it "in the queue", along with Nemo's War and some of Chris Taylor's other designs, and that Chris himself has given his blessing.

...so, what's the ETA?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gold banner version is an immediate order for me. Solid game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Invictus5000 wrote:
...just wondering if there's any news yet.

I see in previous posts that VPG has it "in the queue", along with Nemo's War and some of Chris Taylor's other designs, and that Chris himself has given his blessing.

...so, what's the ETA?

It's my (fairly uninformed) understanding that the queue is long, and the AT is not the top priority. I'd love to be wrong though .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not wrong.

REALITY CHECK: It takes just as long to "Gold Banner" an old game as it does to release a new game. And we can't fill up our queue with just older game upgrades; we need mostly new game titles to hit our sales numbers, so it's going to be some time until we get the backlog of older games upgraded.

Currently, NEMO'S WAR and THE BARBAROSSA CAMPAIGN are on warm burners.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pericles Boutos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:

For he's a jolly good fellow, he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow and so say all of us!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gindlesperger
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
You're not wrong.

REALITY CHECK: It takes just as long to "Gold Banner" an old game as it does to release a new game. And we can't fill up our queue with just older game upgrades; we need mostly new game titles to hit our sales numbers, so it's going to be some time until we get the backlog of older games upgraded.

Alan Emrich

Alan--

Thanks for the update!

My disappointment about more wait time for Astra Titanus is nearly mitigated by my joy at hearing about less wait time for Nemo's War. I hate to push, but any target date/quarter?

Also, just for my info--what, precisely, changes in the Gold Banner version versus the standard? Maybe I don't need to wait...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished an article for our next VPG update going live with weekend. Look for "Nemo Gets Crackin' Kraken".

Then you can see a short description of where the Nemo project is going. Oh, and yes, you'll want the Gold Banner edition with all the nice components and cool new features, for sure.

No release date is set; this game is still pre-alpha but in very capable hands around the office. Christmas, maybe? I really don't know... a lot of things could go right (or wrong) on a game project, so you just can't guess the ship date much before beta testing is complete.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Harris
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.
badge
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. -- Winston Churchill
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely purchase a 2nd edition to the game much less a Gold Banner update (even better). But I'm more than happy to wait if it means there's a chance for gameplay as well as component updates.

Nemo's War 2nd edition is about as fantastic a 'consolation' prize as one could wish for though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, can we look forward to Astra Titantus Gold Banner edition in 2015?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drasher25 wrote:
So, can we look forward to Astra Titantus Gold Banner edition in 2015?

Man, I hope so. I really like this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, I think you're busy updating Forlorn: Hope for Gold Banner. How about this one? :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly don't know. If I could wave my magic designer wand and make it happen tomorrow I would. Alas, my magic designer wand is in the wash. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

Let's discuss the next time you're by VPG (with some new stuff we can publish, hopefully!).

Best,

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say fairer than that guys! Here's to VPG in 2015 no matter what. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Baco
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, just wondering if there are any updates yet on if/when the Gold Banner edition will be available.

Just ordered the polybag version and am waiting on delivery - still, think I would probably open my wallet again for an updated version.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No new news at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This makes me sad. Gold Banner AT is probably my most and longest anticipated game. It literally makes me a little angry every time VPG comes out with a new game that is not GB AT. Yes, Nemo will be awesome, but come on man, let's all get our priorities straight! I'd trade all the Darkest Night expansions and Pew Pews and Infection iOS apps just for the opportunity to preorder GB AT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, Damon!

Chris Taylor is, not surprisingly, a busy guy and a full-time game designer for another company. We all love ASTRA TITANUS, but doing a second edition of that game is no small task, and we really couldn't do it without Chris creating some great new material for the game...

If the muse takes him, we'll be there to publish it! But until then, ASTRA TITANUS is a game that simply "is what it is."

Best,

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.