Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals » Hot Deals - Europe

Subject: Monza £8.08 (amazon.co.uk) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Møller
Denmark
Copenhagen
København Ø
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The highly praised children's game from Haba for the cheapest price I've seen. A lot cheaper than amazon.de, strangely.

Note: you have to select amazon.co.uk from the list of sellers - the standard buy button is a different seller at nearly twice the price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0002HYHT6/ref=dp_o...
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, man! It was gonna be a great present for my cousin's son birthday but it says it's temporarily out of stock
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly a lovely little game that young kids can master that isn't just roll and move.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Møller
Denmark
Copenhagen
København Ø
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I may have gotten the last one then. It's already dispatched.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
Oh, man! It was gonna be a great present for my cousin's son birthday but it says it's temporarily out of stock


You can still order it from Amazon when it's out of stock. The order gets processed at the price you ordered at. You might have to wait a few days or months for it to come, but you pay the price at the time you ordered, not the price at the time of dispatch.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Victor Mancha wrote:
Oh, man! It was gonna be a great present for my cousin's son birthday but it says it's temporarily out of stock


You can still order it from Amazon when it's out of stock. The order gets processed at the price you ordered at. You might have to wait a few days or months for it to come, but you pay the price at the time you ordered, not the price at the time of dispatch.


I know, but it's a present for an upcoming birthday. I fear I might not get it on time.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
•With hairband
•Cotton body, Chenille hair
•34cm tall
•Machine washable

Special edition, eh?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered it, I am sure I can find someone to give it to as a present. Even if it goes for my nephew next Christmas lol.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info.

Ordered, hopefully it'll get in stock in time for my daughters birthday in 3 weeks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Corcoran
United Kingdom
Buckingham
Bucks
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fatboyguy wrote:
Thanks for the info.

Ordered, hopefully it'll get in stock in time for my daughters birthday in 3 weeks.

In stock again for £8.08
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Haba-4416-Monza/dp/B0002HYHT6/ref=pd...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lobotnik wrote:
I ordered it, I am sure I can find someone to give it to as a present. Even if it goes for my nephew next Christmas lol.


Mine arrived. No way my nephew is getting it, not this time at least.

We'll be keeping our copy and playing with it on and off. Sometimes a good 10 minute roll and move is actually wanted
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lobotnik wrote:
Lobotnik wrote:
I ordered it, I am sure I can find someone to give it to as a present. Even if it goes for my nephew next Christmas lol.


Mine arrived. No way my nephew is getting it, not this time at least.

We'll be keeping our copy and playing with it on and off. Sometimes a good 10 minute roll and move is actually wanted
Don't call it a roll and move, that's unfair! It's "roll and plan and move" if anything.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so there is planning. But it plays fast and each move should be played very quickly. Don't get me wrong, I like it and will run a tournament at my game group to rival the Formula D league lol.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kerslake
United Kingdom
Torquay
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this just before Christmas for the same price. It was originally for my nephew, but I kept itblush. It is lots of fun and if you can get the free postage with other orders, WELL worth eight quid.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Jones
Netherlands
Utrecht
Nederland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered one when it was out of stock, along with something else to make up the £10 for free p&p. The other item was sent immediately, and when it was back in stock Monza was sent, both free p&p, which was great!

My boys (5 and 7) love it.

Here are some cool extra rules
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Got this to play with my kids. Tried it with my game group, but it was far too basic.
I think 'plan' is over-stating it.

Those cool extra rules help a little, especially momentum and pit stop.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1000rpm wrote:
Got this to play with my kids. Tried it with my game group, but it was far too basic.
I think 'plan' is over-stating it.

Those cool extra rules help a little, especially momentum and pit stop.
Oh absolutely no chance with a gaming group, but my 5yo daughter certainly plans out what she can do with her dice before moving. It's a great early intro to tactics.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.