Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Impending guacamole shortage.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/04/chipotle-guacamole-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

If global warming means less Chipotle, I'm in favor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Dude... It's ... ALL ... guacamole... This is no time for partisanship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
What's wrong with Chipotle? Why do you hate everything, Dave? Why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:

I'm sure he'll tell us how terrible their ingredients actually are.

And at the exorbitant prices they charge for guac, I have trouble believing chipotle in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Jythier wrote:

I'm sure he'll tell us how terrible their ingredients actually are.

And at the exorbitant prices they charge for guac, I have trouble believing chipotle in this case.

Yeah, I can't afford their guac.

Wait, Dave is half-Mexican. He's allowed to not like any non-homemade Mexican food.

Well, half of it.

Meanwhile, since I don't have the cajones a cocinar una cocina mejicano como esta, tengo ir a el restarante a comer comida buena.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Guacamole sucks anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Jythier wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

+1

Chipotle (the restaurant) is gross.

Guacamole (the food), on the other hand, is amazballs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:
Guacamole sucks anyway.

MODERATION!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
mlcarter815 wrote:
Guacamole sucks anyway.

MODERATION!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They give you a giant burrito with whatever you want on it. How is this gross? You must suck at ordering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, this must be how Drew feels all the time. Just because I constantly rant about the bullshit that is organic/locally-grown food, Lee thinks I have a problem with Chipotle's ingredients. Just because I regularly mention that I'm Mexican and have a couple times made a huge fucking deal about particular foods, Jay thinks I object to Chipotle because it's not "real" Mexican. Wow. It's like you can't be a complete fucking asshole over and over again about the same specific things without people starting to assume the worst about you when those topics come up. Poor Drew! My eyes have been opened. I'm sure Tripp will be here any second now to tell you guys you're being big bullies and hurting my widdle feewings.

No?

Oh.

Anyway, no, Lee, I don't have a problem with Chipotle's asinine commitment to organic foods, though I do think it's just a particularly insipid sort of greenwashed marketing. And no, Jay, though I do love homemade Mexican food I also love all manner of knock offs. Most importantly, no, Paul, this is certainly a time for partisanship, when there is an obviously superior product in the marketplace:

Chipotle's guac is actually fine. Not especially good, but not the worst. Their chips, on the other hand, are a fucking abomination. Oversalted and with WAY too much lime flavoring. Blech. They're a downgrade from fucking Tostitos, and that's saying something. The rest of their food is pretty bad too. Bland and uninteresting at best. Their "carnitas" are a fucking insult to the concept, and I weep for every poor soul who thinks they don't like carnitas because they're confusing that overpriced and overcooked braised pig fetus for the actual food.

*This message paid for by Americans for Better Carnitas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
They give you a giant burrito with whatever you want on it. How is this gross? You must suck at ordering.

Because the things they include in "whatever you want" all suck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pancheros is a lot better than Chipotle, but that isn't saying much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Man, this must be how Drew feels all the time. Just because I constantly rant about the bullshit that is organic/locally-grown food, Lee thinks I have a problem with Chipotle's ingredients. Just because I regularly mention that I'm Mexican and have a couple times made a huge fucking deal about particular foods, Jay thinks I object to Chipotle because it's not "real" Mexican. Wow. It's like you can't be a complete fucking asshole over and over again about the same specific things without people starting to assume the worst about you when those topics come up. Poor Drew! My eyes have been opened. I'm sure Tripp will be here any second now to tell you guys you're being big bullies and hurting my widdle feewings.

No?

Oh.

Anyway, no, Lee, I don't have a problem with Chipotle's asinine commitment to organic foods, though I do think it's just a particularly insipid sort of greenwashed marketing. And no, Jay, though I do love homemade Mexican food I also love all manner of knock offs. Most importantly, no, Paul, this is certainly a time for partisanship, when there is an obviously superior product in the marketplace:

Chipotle's guac is actually fine. Not especially good, but not the worst. Their chips, on the other hand, are a fucking abomination. Oversalted and with WAY too much lime flavoring. Blech. They're a downgrade from fucking Tostitos, and that's saying something. The rest of their food is pretty bad too. Bland and uninteresting at best. Their "carnitas" are a fucking insult to the concept, and I weep for every poor soul who thinks they don't like carnitas because they're confusing that overpriced and overcooked braised pig fetus for the actual food.

Okay. The nearest one to me is in K-zoo. When I have my next cardiac appointment, I'll be sure to get a burrito - it's just down the street.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to argue that Qdoba is better or Chipotle is better, I haven't had Qdoba and had never heard of it before. I don't have a 'make your own burrito as large as your head' restaurant near me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Avacados, not Guacamole! And it is the perfect fruit. And it's awesome in a lot more than guac, which is also awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:

I'll have just one carnita. I'm not very hungry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:

Okay. The nearest one to me is in K-zoo. When I have my next cardiac appointment, I'll be sure to get a burrito - it's just down the street.

"Order not the burrito, for surely in that shall you perish. Nor shalt thou order the tacos, nor the burrito bowl, as none shall redeem you when you turn your face from truth. Look instead upon the mexican gumbo, that which THE LORD hath recommended, and find joy." - Habakkuk 3:21
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
It's Avacados, not Guacamole! And it is the perfect fruit. And it's awesome in a lot more than guac, which is also awesome.

Yes I really wish avocado usage would expand in the US to more things. Avocado donuts I had in Manila from Indonesian chain were amazing. (avocado ice cream is good too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just eat them plain a lot of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Jythier wrote:

"Order not the burrito, for surely in that shall you perish. Nor shalt thou order the tacos, nor the burrito bowl, as none shall redeem you when you turn your face from truth. Look instead upon the mexican gumbo, that which THE LORD hath recommended, and find joy." - Habakkuk 3:21

I don't remember that verse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

I'll have just one carnita. I'm not very hungry.

wuss

Where Mexican food is concerned, hunger is not required.

Carnitaness notwithstanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I'm not going to argue that Qdoba is better or Chipotle is better, I haven't had Qdoba and had never heard of it before. I don't have a 'make your own burrito as large as your head' restaurant near me.

You need to get away from the chain places anyway, my friend. Find the part of your town where the Mexican folks live (they look a lot like other people, but a little browner and probably speaking more Spanish) and then find a place that looks like it'll probably give you food poisoning. You'll know you're in the right spot if it smells like feet and onions, and the tile on the counters is permanently greasy from the haze hanging over the grill. Here are a couple of clues to watch for:

1) If they serve tacos with anything but onion and cilantro on them, get out. You're at a place for white folks.

2) If they serve tacos on flour tortillas, get out. You're at a place for white folks.

3) If they don't have a cooler full of Jarritos and one of those drink fountain things on the counter full of jacinto punch or horchata cycling over and over again, get out. You're at a place for white folks.

4) If they serve unlimited breadsticks and salad, get out. You're at an Olive Garden. You followed the Mexicans to work. Try again.
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.