Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: So, this is a bit old and not-so-complete anymore after the announcement of both the Marshlands and the Harvest expansion. While I don't plan on updating this, the good news is I re-created as an Android app in a more polished form! Anyone who is interested in checking it out can find the thread I created for it here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1587911/new-randomizer-andr...

Hey all! I'm studying to become a programmer and as one of my side projects I wanted to try and teach myself how to program an online Java application. After many months and MUCH trial and error, I can happily say that I completed this goal and finished my own personal Kingdom Builder Randomizer.

I have hosted it on my website for others to use if they want to - it's completely free! You can find it here: http://tinyurl.com/kbrandomizer

There are options to use whatever expansions or promos you want, and even a few options for how you want the promos mixed in - you can have them used as they are written on the promos themselves (Caves only with Tavern, Capitol only with Harbor/Oracle), or you can have them mixed in randomly at roughly the same rate of appearance.

Every single aspect of each game can be randomized with a click of the button! The board configuration and layout, the worker and task cards, all of it! Even the nomad tiles are filled in for you, so nothing is left for you to do but click the button and go - this was my design goal.

Feel free to try it out and use it, and if you like it, please leave a comment to let me know!

Just a note for those who asked: Each board section has two possible layouts in and of itself, "Right side up", indicate by no arrows, and "Flipped over" indicated by an arrow after the board name. If the board section has an arrow, the pictures on the location tiles should be right side up for the player setting up the board, and vice versa if it contains an arrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Livesey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like it! Sent you an e-mail with more info. Would love to be able to get it on my phone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SashaNein wrote:
I like it! Sent you an e-mail with more info. Would love to be able to get it on my phone.

Glad to hear it! Maybe that will be my next multiple-month programming project... learning how to port something like this to an app for a phone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
SashaNein wrote:

FWIW see also:
free javascript Kingdom Builder setup randomizer
which has a simple downloadable html/javascript KB randomizer, requiring only a browser, not Java, to run, so it should work on a cellphone with a browser (I believe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
SashaNein wrote:

FWIW see also:
free javascript Kingdom Builder setup randomizer
which has a simple downloadable html/javascript KB randomizer, requiring only a browser, not Java, to run, so it should work on a cellphone with a browser (I believe).

I like this one but I would prefer there be an option for Caves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SashaNein wrote:

And just like that, after another year or so of schooling, I know how to make Android Apps! I hope you have an Android device, because I've completely recreated this in app form. Let me know if you do get a chance to check it out! I would love any feedback you have to give!

You can find the thread I made on it here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1587911/new-randomizer-andr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.