Jeremiah Reynolds
United States
Sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All you auction buyers-

How do you keep track of the auction bids you have outstanding? I understand that you probably subscribe to the item in the event that another comment or bid is placed, but I want to know how those that have several bids on several auctions manage it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Blackwell
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't bid on a lot, but I almost always do it poorly. Good question that I am interested in the answers to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/comments/listitem/emoboy44

This is why you'll see people put the name of the item and closing dates in the post with the bid. Otherwise it quickly becomes confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a spreadsheet. Really simple too

Seller
Game
Price
End Date
Name of auction

Then like you mentioned a subscription to the auction
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lee
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a to-do app on my ipad and set an alarm notice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kokaly
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spreadsheet.

I see you already know about the subscription option, are you using "Items by subscription" I compare that to my spreadsheet and unsubscribe to an item once I receive it to keep it clean.

I'm close to done building my collection with missing older titles which is nice. The auction metagame has been fun for awhile but I'm mostly focused on newer games moving forward and playing in the person instead of hitting refresh on the browser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually just make note of when the auction closes and possibly subscribe to the item I am interested in..However I have never seen the point of bidding when the auction has say..2 weeks leftover..I wait until the last few days to see if the item is even worth trying to pick up anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bookmark the auction page. When it ends, I delete it.

If I have won a game, I wait until I receive the game to delete it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Reynolds
United States
Sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
http://boardgamegeek.com/comments/listitem/emoboy44

This is why you'll see people put the name of the item and closing dates in the post with the bid. Otherwise it quickly becomes confusing.

...now things make a lot more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Show of hands... who's ever gotten a notification that they've won a game they forgot bidding on? [raises hand]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Reynolds
United States
Sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
Show of hands... who's ever gotten a notification that they've won a game they forgot bidding on? [raises hand]

it just happened to me this morning. funny, since this thread is only a day old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
emoboy44 wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

it just happened to me this morning. funny, since this thread is only a day old.

I bid a lot. So, I normally bid what I want to pay for the game and forget about it until I'm contacted with info on how to pay for it. (Unsubscribing from the geeklist).

If I think I 'might' be willing to pay more, I sometimes subscribe to the item (and use that trick of writing the name of the game next to my bid so that I can see it easier in my contribution page).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.