Mob Town» Forums » General

Subject: Backgrounds for Lucy Ano and the like... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Here's a crazy idea: Has anyone ever thought of backstories and the like for the characters depicted in the game?

For example, What were the circumstances that led to "Lucky Lucy" Ano's rise to power? Did she have help? What is her family like? Does she have any hobbies? Does she have any enemies of note?, etc.

Please respond with your ideas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YES YES YES! I'd LOVE to hear peoples' ideas! If stories are conflicting? Eh, rumors are like that... : D

GREAT idea, Daniel!

Best,
P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Pena
United States
Sun Valley
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
I don't know how dark you want to go with this, but...
After a dark mysterious kittenhood (childhood), mostly unknown because she doesn't ever talk about it, she was ripped away from her mother. After several years in the city pound, she was eventually adopted by a very loving family. Her human family loved cats and cared for her and their other cats with great love and affection. One day while at home playing with her cat toys in the bedroom she heard a big loud bang that came from the other room. She crawled into the room where her family had been enjoying an evening together. The first thing she saw was the door had been broken in and he family had been brutally murdered. She was alone again and began roaming the streets getting into fights just to eat from day to day. Fighting off stray cats for left over scraps and the occasional milk the old lady in the neighborhood would leave out, Lucky has really made a name for herself and created a bad reputation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Pena
United States
Sun Valley
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
She now roams the streets of each of the created cities in Mob Town trying to exact revenge on what mobster family or families were responsible for murdering her family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
How about the leader of the Law? Who might that be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An another take to Lucy's possible background:
Lucy "Lucky" Ano was a member of one of the yakuza families. Her father was a well-known yakuza with connections even to the USA.
One day he was betrayed by his trusted fellows which lead to losing the major footing in Japan. With his daughter Lucy, he was forced to flee to the USA. They were lucky to arrive there safely. Within a year after the incident, the father died and Lucy inherited his US part of the organization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Davenport42 wrote:
How about the leader of the Law? Who might that be?

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Umm... Well, how about we talk about certain crimes she and her "Family" might have pulled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Davenport42 wrote:
Umm... Well, how about we talk about certain crimes she and her "Family" might have pulled?

Y'know, master crimes that marked her rise to power in the cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Davenport42 wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:

Also, are there any landmarks she might control, any cities she's visited, and any professionals she's hired?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Davenport42 wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:

Also, are there any landmarks she might control, any cities she's visited, and any professionals she's hired?

This topic is dead, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Devine
United States
Reno
NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Davenport42 wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:

It appears to be doesn't it. I guess I never really thought about the backstory too much. I like the idea of her starting out as a stray, then slowly clawing her way to the top. I see lots of well organized money laundering and possibly a catnip supply line

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3ddevine wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:

It appears to be doesn't it. I guess I never really thought about the backstory too much. I like the idea of her starting out as a stray, then slowly clawing her way to the top. I see lots of well organized money laundering and possibly a catnip supply line

I'd say it's more dormant while we focus on Ghosts Love Candy. Future expansions will actually delve more into Mob Boss backgrounds (along with giving unique abilities to each Mob Boss).

I'll give these a re-read over the next few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
3ddevine wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:

"Catnip supply line"? What's that mean, I wonder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
3ddevine wrote:
I guess I never really thought about the backstory too much. I like the idea of her starting out as a stray, then slowly clawing her way to the top. I see lots of well organized money laundering and possibly a catnip supply line

Is "catnip" like drugs for cats, in this case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would wager so, and that Lucy has her paws in just about everything else in town, too. (Or is at least trying to.) One frustration would be there really isn't an equivalent for dogs, so it makes it harder to move into those parts of town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
krinklechip wrote:
I would wager so, and that Lucy has her paws in just about everything else in town, too. (Or is at least trying to.) One frustration would be there really isn't an equivalent for dogs, so it makes it harder to move into those parts of town.

Interesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Davenport42 wrote:
krinklechip wrote:

Interesting!

Any ideas for who the dogs are (y'know... the Law?)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Davenport42 wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:
krinklechip wrote:

Interesting!

Any ideas for who the dogs are (y'know... the Law?)?

And... I've apparently killed this topic again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.