Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
531 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Spring is STILL Coming Leftovers - A US Leftovers Math Trade (DISCUSSION) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ITEM SUBMISSION CLOSED. WANTLIST SUBMISSION OPENED.

Trade List: Spring is STILL Coming - A US Leftovers Math Trade
Request List: Spring is STILL Coming - A US Leftovers Math Trade (REQUESTS)

Dates
- Submissions close: Saturday Mar 8, 2014 at 8:30pm EST
- Wants due: Monday March 10, 2014 at 8:30pm EST
- Results posted: As soon as I can after close

This is the place for any questions, comments, or other discussion regarding this math trade.

Please note that while the title indicates this is a leftovers trade (which it is), anyone who would like can get involved -- you need not have been in the prior trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for running a leftovers trade!

[sits patiently waiting for it to show up in the olwlg]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
sparr0 wrote:

Patiently? You've got me beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it too early to submit want lists? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sparr0 wrote:

No problem. I'm glad folks enjoyed the last one.

And wait no longer, it is up in the OLWLG. En masse dump in your previous math trade items at will!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Oregon
msg tools
mbmb
So this is my first math trade. I want to try to get ride of all of my X-wing minis. Should I list them sepreatly or as sweeteners

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Gifford
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there away I can add to this trade all the items that did not trade in the last trade easily?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
douglasfir wrote:
Is there away I can add to this trade all the items that did not trade in the last trade easily?
Yes! Go into the OLWLG, you will see a listing for this trade. All the way on the left hand side, there is an icon that looks like a resource cube with a little green + sign in the corner. If you click on that, you can select the last math trade and it will automatically pull up a list of your submissions. When you click the button it will then automatically pull up an 'Add an Item' page for this Geeklist in preview mode, allowing you to edit the description as you see fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kretz wrote:
So this is my first math trade. I want to try to get ride of all of my X-wing minis. Should I list them sepreatly or as sweeteners
Hard to say. Depends upon your goal. If you just want to get rid of all of them, and are less choosey about what you get, I'd suggest one large lot, and be judicious with your wants for it. Otherwise, you can list the individual items but then you are more likely to end up only trading some, and not all, and likely getting "less valuable" games in return, although more of them. A larger lot gives you more "firepower" to go after better games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
douglasfir wrote:
Yes! Go into the OLWLG, you will see a listing for this trade. All the way on the left hand side, there is an icon that looks like a resource cube with a little green + sign in the corner. If you click on that, you can select the last math trade and it will automatically pull up a list of your submissions. When you click the button it will then automatically pull up an 'Add an Item' page for this Geeklist in preview mode, allowing you to edit the description as you see fit.
Seems like it should make it easy, but I don't get why if the item is being pulled, that the description you already filled in is not being pulled also. I tried using it once, but gave up when I saw the blank boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lgoldberg wrote:
hestiansun wrote:
Seems like it should make it easy, but I don't get why if the item is being pulled, that the description you already filled in is not being pulled also. I tried using it once, but gave up when I saw the blank boxes.
Not sure why it didn't for you, but it does for me.

In fact, it even pulls in the quoted comments from the item as well. For example, someone asked for clarification on one of my games in the last trade, I commented back with the answer, and that entire conversation was included in the description when I used the OLWLG to add the game this time.

Maybe that was a glitch, or functionality that has been added since then? I don't know, but I'd suggest giving it a shot again if you haven't. It is really a useful tool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any plugins that would make "block"-ing all items on a page in a geeklist easy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question. I'm trying to trade up on some games so I'm thinking of adding gift certificates as sweeteners. What's the best way to list this since Altname doesn't work on a normal game listing?

1) Just add the sweetener as highlighted text and hope it's read, or
2) Do the listing as "Outside the scope of BGG" and put both in the Altname, or
3) Something else?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kretz wrote:
I would recommend grouping them into groups of some rough value that is close to the value of games you might want to trade for. If you want $50 MSRP games, group together $50 worth of minis. If you want $1-5 MSRP games, listing the minis individually might be acceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lgoldberg wrote:
At the top of the OLWLG page for adding items to a trade there is a dropdown box asking where to get the list of games and their descriptions from. The default is your profile trade list, which has no descriptions. Alternate options on that list include other math trades you've participated in, which will load the list of games from that specific trade along with the descriptions from that trade (although it will change COPIES options to 1, and might change some other options?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TedMarshall wrote:
Quick question. I'm trying to trade up on some games so I'm thinking of adding gift certificates as sweeteners. What's the best way to list this since Altname doesn't work on a normal game listing?

3) Something else?

Thanks
Only way I can think of to have both appear in the OLWLG would be option 2, I believe. Although IMO you may be over-complicating things a little bit by including a GC as a sweetener to a game, but as far as the OLWLG goes, option 2 should work as you intend. Just make sure you include the game as a link as you would an ordinary sweetener as well as in the alt-name, that way it'll show up in green for anyone whose "want in trade" list it appears on. You are sacrificing some visibility I think doing it this way, no reason to sacrifice more of it by losing the green highlight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Gifford
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, Thanks I never looked at those icons before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
TedMarshall wrote:

3) Something else?

Thanks
Only way I can think of to have both appear in the OLWLG would be option 2, I believe. Although IMO you may be over-complicating things a little bit by including a GC as a sweetener to a game, but as far as the OLWLG goes, option 2 should work as you intend. Just make sure you include the game as a link as you would an ordinary sweetener as well as in the alt-name, that way it'll show up in green for anyone whose "want in trade" list it appears on. You are sacrificing some visibility I think doing it this way, no reason to sacrifice more of it by losing the green highlight.
Thanks. #2 was what I started doing before I decided to ask. At this point, all I'm really interested in is some slightly higher value items so I want to see if I can make it happen. On the other hand, I've been getting a good number of trades done in recent math trades so I won't be upset if I miss out this time. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sparr0 wrote:
lgoldberg wrote:
At the top of the OLWLG page for adding items to a trade there is a dropdown box asking where to get the list of games and their descriptions from. The default is your profile trade list, which has no descriptions. Alternate options on that list include other math trades you've participated in, which will load the list of games from that specific trade along with the descriptions from that trade (although it will change COPIES options to 1, and might change some other options?)
Thanks! I can rest assured that when I pass from this world to Glory, that there will be dozens of features in BGG and OLWLG that I had no idea existed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TedMarshall wrote:

3) Something else?

Thanks
How about using the game id for the geeklist item, but put an "outside the scope" link in the description for the sweetener, with a description of what the sweetener is inside the link?

Here's an example:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/169184/item/3054732#it...

It shows up pretty well in the geeklist and in the OLWLG:
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/viewlist.cgi?listid=169184...
(search for item 629)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gonzoron wrote:
TedMarshall wrote:
Quick question. I'm trying to trade up on some games so I'm thinking of adding gift certificates as sweeteners.
How about using the game id for the geeklist item, but put an "outside the scope" link in the description for the sweetener, with a description of what the sweetener is inside the link?
Here's an example:
(search for item 629)
That's a great solution and a good example. I think we have a winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werewolf Kai Jason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An odd thing.. I've included four items using the OLWLG 'add item' tool, they've posted in the geeklist, and the OLWLG will let me tag games for wants... but it doesn't see any of my items to set wants against. No email notifying me that I've been included in the mathtrade either.

Edit: Eh, I guess it just hasn't updated since inputting my items. I thought it wouldn't let me browse the list in the OLWLG until I added items, so I thought my items had been accepted. Nevermind me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Roth
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaiwolf wrote:
An odd thing.. I've included four items using the OLWLG 'add item' tool, they've posted in the geeklist, and the OLWLG will let me tag games for wants... but it doesn't see any of my items to set wants against. No email notifying me that I've been included in the mathtrade either.
You need to wait for the trade moderator to sync the geeklist back into OLWLG. Matt seems to do it a few times a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brooks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Proud writer for iSlayTheDragon
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one more Math Trade. I swear I can quit whenever I want...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gonzoron wrote:
TedMarshall wrote:

3) Something else?

Thanks

Here's an example:

(search for item 629)
Very nice. I assume you put the description between the "thing" tags.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] |