Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
From the example sentence at the bottom of page 15: "At the end of the fourth round, Buster and Lucille both have 10 points, more than any other player. Since Lucille has the "2" initiative token and Buster has the "3", Lucille wins the game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Classic! I never picked up on that, great catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
I've long since given up on Fantasy Flight rulebooks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'll jump on that landmine...

I don't get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Velensk wrote:
I've long since given up on Fantasy Flight rulebooks.

I've heard this sentiment for years now but never quite understood it. I've found FFG's rulebooks to have the best illustrations and possess the most thought out organization. I don't always agree with the organization but one can usually understand why they did it. Other companies' rulebooks have horrible to no illustrations and no organization.
For example, I don't agree with warhammer diskwar's organization but I get it. They started with pared down rules for the intro game that are designed almost to be followed while played. Then more expanded rules, but with so many nuances, they decided the rulebook should not cover every possible scenario, so then they added the glossary to cover some gaps.
Not what I would have done, but it does fit what they were trying to do which was give easy to follow along rules as an introduction.
So really, what gives with al of the ffg rulebook hate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
Okay, I'll jump on that landmine...

I don't get it.

It is two of the character's names from Arrested Development.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
m4rtst3r wrote:
It is two of the character's names from Arrested Development.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
I thought that the OP was referring to the fact that it says that you take accounts of score at the end of turn 4.

But as for FF rulebooks, my main problem with them is that they cover a lot of things in broad strokes and end up leaving so much that is either vague or confusing and they frequently give examples that are incomplete (look at the example of a scrum to see what I mean by that). They do have excellent graphics and I'm generally not bothered by the layout but I always end up having to give house rules based on either what I believe to be the most likely interpretation or that which is best gameplaywise, either of which can cause minor disputes when playing with someone who's been doing it a different way and there is no obvious answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
They're also usually a nightmare for reference purposes. This one is decentas a reference tool but I found it the layout to be difficult for actually learning the game - I was constantly flicking between sections to try and understand what I was being taught.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys should have a look at the rules for Eldritch Horror. Great guidebook, thorough and alphabetical and great-for-reference rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
AHHHH! I'm a HUGE Arrested Develop fan and I missed that. I can't believe I did, "I'm a MONSTER!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.