Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my 1st game on Tuesday, my family loved the game, more than Bang!, while I like it too, I do have to say I like Bang! better, but anyways I do have a question.

Can a tunnel end in a straight path into another card that does not have a matching tunnel. Or do all dead ends require a round end?

I searched around but couldn't find an answer.

While I am at it, I have seen in these forums a rule update on handing out gold to gold diggers, that you now count the gold diggers instead of players. Can anyone direct me to a copy of the rules that state this. I cannot find an official source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Hendrickx
Belgium
Reet
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if I've understood your question correct,

but no, you cannot end a path with a non matching card, al cards played must match, the only way to block a pathway is to play a card with a blockage.

Players are agreed that the advantage for the first player was to great, choosing first and receiving an extra card, but I don't think there was an official rule-update? But if someone can prove otherwise... don't hesitate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tootsie Roll
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I came. I saw.
badge
I lost miserably.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with foentje.

The only exception to cards not matching is when the destination cards are revealed. If the destination card shows anything other than gold, it is placed so the card played to reveal it is continuous with the path on the card even if this causes the turn to go into another card without a path at that point. I have only seen this happen once, but it is possible. Otherwise all cards must match on all sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dev Davis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Too much advantage for the first player when handing out gold.

In my opinion, the game is self balancing. What I mean is that there is the rule that when a player has a broken tool in front of them at the end of the round they do not receive gold. The gold digger who completed the path on round one may find a broken tool in front of him at the end of round two...even if it was placed by another gold digger. Did that player put the broken tool there to prevent the player from getting gold or is that player a saboteur? It adds another layer if intrigue and second guessing which is fun.

Also, the players may not let a player complete the path twice in a row even if it endangers their ability to complete the path, just so that player doesn't get too much gold.

Not perfect in-game balance but this game is all about the meta game anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tootsie Roll
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I came. I saw.
badge
I lost miserably.
mbmbmbmbmb
devolutionxx wrote:
What I mean is that there is the rule that when a player has a broken tool in front of them at the end of the round they do not receive gold.

I believe that is an optional, but well designed, rule. We play with it about half the time because my kids do not like it, but it does make the game much more interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.